Hi, I am diabetic and my doctor has proposed to me to implement gastric bypass. Is it efficient way to regulate diabetes?

Hi, actually by installing a gastric bypass you can easily lose weight. Type 2 diabetics find a relief in symptoms because of the weight loss. Many patients who have Type 2 diabetes decide to get a kind of dangerous operation. Diabetes is becoming an epidemic, so it is even not such a bad idea. Some doctors consider this to be the last option for diabetes patients and prefer to use other methods like oral antidiabetics and insulin for regulation of blood sugar level. Like in any surgery, there is a risk of problems occurring in the course of operation.

If you are looking for a way to eat lighter and feel fuller w/o eating too many carbs. I had to do this with pregnancy induced diabetes. I went to food counceling class. The key is to eat a protein (nuts, seeds, PB, egg, cheese, milk, not lunch meat-too much fat) BEFORE you eat any thing else. Eat every 2-3 hrs portions that are no larger than your fist. And you should drink alot of non caffinated liquids before and between meals. You will go to the restroom more, but that is flushing the fat. And walk at least 30 mins every morning. You will improve your metabolism if you walk before you eat. I try to walk at every break at my work, since I sit all day. But surgery seems like the last resort if you have tried every thing else and cannot stay on a regimen. Remember, it takes 3 months to make a habit. Try to do these things for at least 3 months, see how much you have lost. Write down what you eat too, count your calories. To lose you need no more than 1700 calories a day. Use weights to carve the body of fat faster. It will work for you my friend!

Eve XD