Hi! I am overweight. I heard something that there are surgeries for overweight person. Can you tell me something more about that? What is difference between gastric baypass and lap band?

Hi! Gastric bypass is better known, but there are several advantages of the lap band. Because I have same problem as you I read something about that issue. Gastric bypass is a complex operation that involves large incisions at multiple areas of the abdomen, resulting in significant scarring. Lap band is a simple operation that uses minimally-invasive laparoscopic techniques. If you have gastric bypass you will have longer recovery period of 4-12 weeks. If you have Lap band recovery period is 2-4 days. I think that Lap band is much better and less invasive.

Hi there,
I am not sure what is the better procedure for weight loss. I know that both procedures have good and bad sides. I know that with gastric bypass you can have several complications like blood cloths in legs r anastomotic leakage where your gastrointestinal fluid can leak in to your abdominal cavity. This is very serious condition were you can develop infection. On the other hand Lap band has up to ten days of recovery period which is not that long. You won’t have to spend too much in the hospital, and you can go home after day or two. I hope you found this information helpful in any way.
All the best,
Danella