I only ask because I am slated to have the wisdom teeth out later this year. I have had a horrid migraine all weekend (if I have slept 4 hours I'll eat my sock) and I can definitely feel the paain behind my molars/jaw.
I had thought my migraines were worse because of a bad concussion a few years ago; maybe I am wrong?

The dentist thinks this will help; the neurologist is ambivalent. Has anyone else had this particular condition and then found that the wisdom teeth removal helped?

I don't want to have the surgery if it won't help; but I am sick of having to be so drugged up/tired when I get a migraine( and they have been worse). Right now I am on a phenobarbital/codeine mix which, while it helps my head, makes me want to yak.

Thanks for listening to me vent. Any advice is appreciated.

K, I had all 4 wisdoms (they were growing in crooked and my mouth (believe it or not) is not big enough for 4 extra teeth) pulled 5 years ago. I have very rarely ever made such a good decision. Immediately the sinus pain, headaches, face & jaw pain stopped. Immediately.

Do it. I get migraines for a totally different reason, but all the other symptoms associated with the 4 wisdoms are totally gone and my mouth is very happy.

You're funny. That's what the dentist told me too; my mouth is small (and anyone who knows me would laugh their ass off at that remark). So why do you still get migraines? PM me if it's personal.I got them badly when I was a teen (my father still gets them, so I think they are hereditary).

They went away until I got in a bad car accident and had a level three concussion a few years back. I had a cat scan and all that to make sure it wasn't something else. My vision is 20/25 so I know it's not that; I've cut out most red wne (except organic) red meat, and a lot of dairy. Sucks ass. I hate being drugged up an not able to sleep.

I have an autoimmune disease called Myasthenia Gravis. I found out about it because the headaches became worse and I got double vision (ooooo, Double Vision!). Sucks, but it's controllable although there's no cure. I'm on several very expensive meds that keep the symptoms at bay, and I try to forget I've got it!

:D

I am sorry; I did not know that.

Probably stress levels are not helping me.

Hey, it's okay! Don't forget, it's nearly impossible to upset me. I've dropped "Ellen" and have substituted "cool, baby" for my middle name. You know, as in: "Laurie Cool, Baby Kovacic".

:D

Stress is terrible. I don't think very many people realize what stress, unchecked and constant, can do to the human body.