I have a question before I was diagnosed with RA and neuropathy I was asleep and woke up to the most excruciating pain and paralysis I had to be taken to the Er while there they gave me all kinds of pain medications and nothing worked finally after about 12 hours I could move again and the pain started easing ! The only thing that came back abnormal was I had a very high sedimentation rate ! What could that have been and I'm now having a lot of problems with migraine and shooting pain at random plus sciatica goes out way too much?

Hi Kiki.  Yeah, every temporary paralysis is pretty much weird.

My good friend lost her sense because of this. Beside, you can also have muscle weakness in your hand if you damage your ulnar nerve but I believe that your doctor already explained this to you. This is known as ulnar nerve palsy or ulnar neuropathy in case you didn't know. When it comes to this condition, doctors will tell you that it can affect your ability to make fine movements and you can find it very hard performing many routine tasks. Also, ulnar nerve palsy can cause muscle wasting, or atrophy, that makes the hand look like a claw.

I don't know how serious your condition is, but my cousin needed to have a surgery.