Hi, folks. My brother has confided me that he has felt a lump on his right testicle. Now he is afraid that this could be something serious. I would like to know something more about diagnosing a testicle cancer and whether this is my brother’s case or not. Your comments are more than welcomed.

Hi to you too. The risk groups for testicular cancer are younger men. A lump, painful or not, should raise some doubts. That is why additional tests must be done. Ultrasound can be made, although I am not sure it can detect a tumor in its early phase. That is why a biopsy must be done. Inguinal orchiectomy is rather recommended than transscrotal biopsy. The other one can release tumor cells in case this tumor is malignant. You must be very supportive for your brother. At the end, it can be false alarm. Maybe he just has varicocele or epididymitis. Good luck!