Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I have few, probably, very stupid questions but I have to be sure in something.
I'm in one long and great relationship and I really have no complaints on my partner. We are even started to think about wedding and our future life together. But, about a week ago he has felt some pain or discomfort in his left testicle. He contacted his GP and doctor determined that it is cancer. He was devastated and so was I.
I know that this could be cured because it is detected very early but, this will sound stupid, I'm interested, in this period before, could he transferred some cancer cells to me. What should I do? Will it affect our sex life? Please help!

Hello. I'm very sorry about your boyfriend but there are few lucky things about all this. First-tumor is detected early which makes it almost 100% curable. Second, it is one of the few tumors that react great on radiotherapy. For your information, there is now way that cancer cells could be transferred to you by any chance so you don’t have to be worried at all.
Surgical removal of the affected testis is the normal treatment for testicular cancer and what’s great about it- removal of one testicle does not affect a man's sex life or his ability to have erections or father children. There are even some prosthesis that could be implanted instead if normal testis for better appearance.

TC can not be transfered through intercourse and deff. not to a woman, ie - Testicular Cancer and you have no testicals.

TC is known to be a genetic disease so if you have any boys they will be at a higher risk of getting it, butyou'll just have to keep an eye on them like you would for anything else. The TC age range is from 15-30 generally speaking.

As far as sex is concerned after he has his treatment, depending on what type of treatment he has to undergo, everything should be fine. Usually within a few months everything will be back to normal, depending on his treatments.

I wish you both the best of luck and stay strong and he will beat this TC thing. If he has to have any type of chemo make sure he eats lots and lots of protien shakes, they fill you up fast, provide great nutrtioon and if he does throw them up they are soft and not like food where it will hurt his throat.

Take care :-)

Hi, I hope someone can help me with the following. My boyfriend has had a sharp pain on his groin area for years. Now he has detected a lump. The pain comes and goes. He rests for about 20-30 mins and the pain goes away. We have read and it looks like it could be cancer. The things is, that he has had this pain since early development 10-12 years old, just lately he noticed the lump. Is it possible to have undetected testicular cancer for more then 10 years?