Hi all. I’m 31 and until now was in really good shape. I even can’t remember when was the last time I was ill. But, that changed. Actually, just week ago, I was diagnosed with diahreia (not sure for spelling). Anyway, I’m getting better now, drinking a lot of fluids, taking some meds, etc… In short, doing everything my doc told me to do. But ,there is one thing that interests me. As I don’t smoke or drink, eat regularly and healthy, even do some workout, I’m stunned by the fact that I got disease like this. So, my question is what could cause this??? I really can’t see anything that could have caused it… I would appreciate all replies. Thanks.

Diarrhea (that is the correct spelling) is most commonly caused by myriad viral infections but is also often the result of bacterial toxins and sometimes even infection. In sanitary living conditions and with ample food and water available, an otherwise healthy patient typically recovers from the common viral infections in a few days and at most a week. That is one chance. On the other hand, it can also be a symptom of more serious diseases, such as dysentery, cholera, or botulism and can also be indicative of a chronic syndrome such as Crohn's disease, and can be caused excessive alcohol consumption, especially in someone who doesn't eat enough food. Now, I don’t know why you got it but there is the list of possible causes, so I think that at least one will mean something to you. Good luck.