Hey everybody, I have some bad news. Just 8 hours ago I noticed that my cat was in pain while she was urinating. She was meowing and it didn’t look good. I talked to the vet and he said he thinks that she might have a bladder infection, but he isn’t sure and that he will do the tests tomorrow because he doesn’t have time today. As far as I know, bladder infection is not dangerous and is basically pretty easy to treat, am I right? Well, if it is pretty easy to treat, I want you to tell me how. I can’t wait for the vet to do his analysis and I want to start treating it right away. I need advices. How to get rid of this?

Hey you,

First of all, you need to know what caused the bladder infection in your cat.

It can be bacteria and in that case, you should treat it with antibiotics which are regularly prescribed by your vet.

In other cases, it all depends of what caused it: stones formed in the bladder tract, cat has a tumor or similar.

You really need to know what caused it in these cases.

First you will need to treat the disease that caused bladder infection and then, after you finish treating that, you need to treat the bladder infection. Otherwise, the infection would come back.

Hopefully your cat will be just fine.

Hey everyone,
It all depends on the cause, Mima. In most cases, a visit to the vet is advised since you can’t really treat it yourself. You need your vet to prescribe you some antibiotics, if the infection is caused by nothing serious. In case you have a serious problem, when not only the bladder infection is the problem, then it gets complicated. You might have to deal with cancer even. So basically, if the antibiotics aren’t working, nor a special diet, then you have a problem. I mean, your cat has a problem. If the stones are the trouble, your cat should get them out without any meds. If you don’t know the cause, you are helpless.

Hello. Mima you are right. It is not that dangerous and it is really easy to treat. But while this disease is threated you cat is in huge pain. Especially if there is a blood in her urine. I think that you can’t do a lot while you don’t see your vet. Why? Because he has to find the cause and then treat it. You can always try some home remedies. For example, if you are feeding your cat with tuna, you should pour a little bit of apple cider vinegar along with some crushed vitamin C tabs. Vitamin C is amazing helper in this case, it can help your cat fight against acidifies in his urine.  

Hey everyone.

It has to be bacterial infection. It happened to me like thousands of times.

Yes, I agree that natural ways are far better but it this infection is progressed, the only way that you can help your cat is to give her medications that are prescribed by your vet.

I can tell you what helped me.

I was using two tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. I added it in her water for a month ago. I just can’t describe you how this helped me.

Cranberry pills also can help you. I think that you don’t need prescription form your vet.

Hey everyone,

Well, the easiest way is to clone your cat without the clone having a bladder infection. Just kidding. :D

Have you visited the vet already? If yes, please share with us what did he say. I’m guessing that your cat got bacteria inside of her and that’s what caused it. I would suggest some antibiotics but I don’t really know their names so you should ask someone who has used them already. Your cat’s bladder infection could have also be caused by bladder stones. In that case, you treat it with a change in the diet and with a lot, a lot of liquid for your cat to drink.

Hey friends.

Nice advice up there :) Tnx, I will have this on my mind :) As you already probably know, I have a cat.

About the treatment options I was chatting with my vet months ago.

He told me that the most common cause of bladder infection in cats is defective bladder lining or maybe your cat caught a cold somewhere.

I am against meds but he told me that I should not run away from medications.

They can be a little bit aggressive, they can have some unwanted and unpleasant side – effects but they will help your cat to get rid of bladder infection.

You should think about this. With good meds and proper eating plan, your cat will be better soon.

I am sure :)

Hey.
I am Natally and I have a cat. I just don’t need to tell you how many times I had this problem with my cat.
About the medications, I don’t agree with you.
I think that you can get rid of bladder infections naturally.
You should try uva ursi.
This is very strong diuretic that kills bacteria in the bladder.
Other thing that you should try is Oregon grape holly. It contains berberine and it is natural antibiotic.

My cat was pregnant while I was healing her with uva ursi. I am very satisfied with the results.
Try it and tell me your experiences.

Hey guys. It’s Mima. I’m writing as a Guest cause I forgot my password.
Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it. Wow, I didn’t even need a vet since he told me what you guys have already told me. But you couldn’t have known for sure, that’s true. Well, the vet said that she has bladder stones. She had them for some time now, and they just got bigger and they caused this bladder infection in my cat. He told me that she needs to be on Hill’s Prescription c/d diet, and he got me some additional info about this diet but I forgot it. I have it written somewhere, I’ll just ask in the pharmacy.