my father in law has diabetes. he has been struggling to keep in under control. he has been on insulin for a couple of years now and has just gone to the kidney doctor and was told that his counts were low (i am not sure what he means by this). my mother in law was giving me this information . she said that he has to go to a class in january to learn about what it all entails.
i am worried about him. he is 76 years old and has gone through a quadruple bypass just about 4 years ago. will the dialysis help him live longer and will he get better, or will it progressively get worse. he is a wonderful person and i am so afraid for him. this is really scary for the whole family and he says that he doesn't want machines to keep him going. i am afraid that he will not want to go through with it. can anyone give me hope and more information on what to expect?
i am not sure if i am in the right area for this question, but i hope that someone can help me.

thank you

Hi Hannigan. I don't know exactly what to tell you just because I don't know your father-in-law's exact condition but I can tell you that it does generally help alleviate someone who does not have functioning kidneys. What else has he been going through health-wise?

He has had a quadruple bypass, he has diabetes and takes insulin and has been having a problem getting his sugar under control.
I am so worried for him. He is so tired all the time, I am afraid that he is just going to give up because of this.
He is a wonderful man and I hate to see him having to go through all of this. My mother in law is a very strong person and never lets on how seriouse things are. She is a tough cookie and I am glad to have them as my in-laws. I could never ask to know such a wonderful family.

Hannigan