Hi, I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis when I was just a little girl. I have been on medication and a special dietary regime all my life. Now the doctors say that I have developed cystic fibrosis related diabetes and that I will have to take additional medicine. You can imagine how delighted I was when I heard this. I am a twenty five year old, but I feel like I am fifty. I would like to avoid any new injections and drugs because the therapy I am under is already too demanding. Is there some other way for me to treat this cystic fibrosis related diabetes?

Hi, I know how hard this situation must be for you. I have a friend who suffers from cystic fibrosis as well, so I have a good idea of what you are going through. When he was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis related diabetes, he was not excited about it either. However he was determined not to fall into depression, but to fight the illness. The doctor has taught him to count the carbohydrates in his meal and to adjust his insulin injections accordingly. He always had problems maintaining weight, but with insulin injections he started to put on pounds. I am not saying that it was a great thing that he developed diabetes. It is a great thing that the doctors diagnosed it. Chances are that he had diabetes for some time before they noticed it and that is why he had his weight problem. When he started with insulin injections the glucose from the blood could finally be transported to the cells in his body. I am sorry that you have to go through so much trouble at your age. Unfortunately, tablets and other therapy methods used to treat diabetes have no affect on cystic fibrosis related diabetes. Insulin injections are the only thing that can help you. I am sure that when you start experiencing the benefits of this therapy, you will change your opinion about insulin injections.