Hi, folks. I have a question to ask. My father has a chronic kidney failure and it seems that he will have to go to dialysis. I hear that dialysis is something that should be avoided if possible. I would like to know how to do that. I will really appreciate the answer to this.

Hi, there. Dialysis is necessary when kidneys cancel functioning. They can't filter toxic products of the organism any more. That is the moment when dialysis machine is needed. In end stage renal disease, dialysis is necessary. You should think of avoiding it when you are still healthy. People should try avoiding diseases like diabetes or hypertension. I hope your father will feel better. But he will probably be attached to the machine till the rest of his life. If you want to know anything more, feel free to ask me. Bye!

Don't know very much but have you read this whichsells at Amazon.com

Coping with Kidney Disease: A 12-Step Treatment Program to Help You Avoid Dialysis (Paperback)
by Mackenzie Walser

Good Luck!

Read this book, Coping with Kidney Disease, A 12-step treatment Program to help you avoid Dialysis, by Mackenzie Walser, M.d.
I have Ckd Stage 5, this book will help. Take care. Im doing lots of research on alternative therapy for CKD, Ill post if i come across more info

Try CoQ10

Try CoQ10 to avoid dialysis

tell me the name of the medicine and where can I get from

Hi I also have a mom living in Florida being taken care of by a home health aide-- She went to a nephrologist and they just told her that her EFGR was 12%--- and that she should do dialysis--- This is a shock to us- why- she has been going to doctors for years-- she had had diabetes for most of her aduly life. She is now 84. and somewhat overweight. She has never exercised and never done anything productive for herself- she is basically sedentary. and loves to be served. So we know there is no miracle cure here- BUT here is my worry- she is lazy and seeps alot and just watches TV etc etc-- I am not sure if the surgery for the fistula is something that she will take well to either-- she has been probed and pricked with needles her whole life and always cried and turned black and blue---My father in-law has been doing dialysis for 3 years now - he is 92-- and my mother-in-law said that he did not start it until his kidney function was 4%-(But he was not diabetic)- and fairly healthy at that start- now he is a shell of his former self-- he sleeps 20 hrs a day and is like a walking zombie-- my mom is not anywhere as strong as he is-- so that is our concern--- is dialysis really something that will improve her life- or make it MORE miserable??? And what annoys me alot is that why didn''t the doctors warn us or her in previous visits about her failing kidneys???I mean all the blood tests she took- why were there no warnings before it got this bad??? Malpractice- here we come??--
Is there something we can do to keep her GOING- without dialysis?? I mean - the only thing that has changed from last week to this week - is now we KNOW the numbers!!- If she follows the dietiicians advice and does some form of walking etc etc-- can this 12% number fr the EGFR stay status quo- for a period of time?? I mean as far as we know this 12% number could have been her number for months or longer - especially sine the doctors never warned us-- so I don't think this happened overnite-- she had had bad kidneys for quite some time we believe- so why RUSH into dialysis??? Do you see my point here??
Again - my mom is a bad candidate for any type of surgery--- and being that my Dad passed away 1 and 1/2 years ago- my Mom has noone left nearby- and has lost the will to go on and fight-- this is a horrible quandry we r in--can you help explain a little more to me... any help would be greatly appreciated