Hi, I have a hair problem that is really bothering me. It seems that my hair is growing at a very slow pace. Actually, I am sure that my hair is growing more slowly than it should be, because I compare it to my friend whose hair grows much faster than mine. Could you tell me what are the causes for slow hair growth? Is there something I can do to speed up my hair's growth?

Hi, first of all I have to say that you shouldn't compare your hair's growth with your friend's because hair doesn't grow at the same speed in all people. But, if you have also noticed that your hair grows more slowly than it did before than you probably do have a problem. And I know how frustrating it can be, especially if your desire is to have long beautiful hair. While I was on the quest to grow long hair I was very frustrated with the speed my hair was growing. It turned out that the more frustrated I got, the slower my hair grew. So stress is one of the factors for slow hair growth you should avoid. I have also tried various hair growth products and I saw very little results. Ultimately my mother gave me an advice that I now follow religiously. She said that all the products I use are probably helping up to a point, but if I really want to have great hair I have to pay attention to my diet. You see your hair needs vitamins and minerals to grow that it can only get from the bloodstream. So if you want to speed up your hair growth you should limit the intake of fat and salts. Also oral vitamins and minerals supplements are a good choice. Selenium, zinc and magnesium are some of the minerals that your hair needs and also amino acids and B vitamins are great for hair growth. You will see the results in a few months period if you introduce these changes in your diet.

I am having this same problem now. It was nice to read about someone else experiencing this. I am 47 year old mom. I get my hair cut 1 maybe 2 times a year. It doesn't grow. My leg and arm pits,,,,omg..I think I shave my legs 4 times a year. It is driving me crazy. I am going to start taking some vitamins, especially the magnesium ones. Thanks for this post

whats the best thing to do to grow ur hair faster?

I have recently heard that taking Biotin helps your hair grow. It also is suppose to be good for your skin and fingernails. Has anyone tried this? If so, Have you seen positive results?

Waering your hair in a pony tail makes your hair grow faster.
Also take Vit. E
Vigorous brushing a few times a day

as a little girl my hair wouldn't grow as well as my nails. my hair and nails were thin and brittle all through school. as a child it was so bad that everyone thought i was a boy. so as i got older i did some research online to find out what the problem was and thats when i read about biotin. i started taking 5000mcg. i know that it sounds very potent but i assure you that you can not o/d . biotin is a b vitamin and what your body doesn't need will exit your system when you use the restroom. also every ones hair and nails grow at different paces. you will know its working in about 3 to 6 months. it takes about that long to fully grow out your nails. your hair and nails will be a lot stronger. i noticed a difference in about 6 weeks but everyone is different. you really need to stick with it to see a difference and be patient. also you should start taking a multi vitamin. this will help ensure that you are getting the rest of the vitamins that you need which will help you out even more. i never thought that i could have healthy hair and strong nails. my nails don't peel any more and have stopped splitting. the other day i hit my thumb on the counter and as bad as it hurt, normally my nail would have split and broken off but to my surprise it was fine. that would never have happened before. i have also noticed less breakage in my hair and it feels thicker. i am beyond happy with the results and would recommend this to any one. but if its you hair you are trying to grow, putting you hair into pony tails causes breakage because it stretches your hair there for weakening it. hot tools also dry out your hair (curling iron, blow dryer)but if you need to use them try low heat. if its your nails you should start using a clear nail polish to protect them. sally hanson has great ones. well i hope this helps :D

Even i have the same problem,,,, my hair is now short and its falling not growing and even i dont use any dyers, hair colors any thing then too it breaks and falls not growing,,,,

I STARTED USING 2500 MCG BIOTON 3 MONTHS AGO AND NOTICED RESULT IS 6 WEEKS. IT IS GREAT. MY NAILS WERE THIN, BRITTLE, SPLITTING AND BROKE EASILY. I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEM SINCE TAKING IT AND MY NAILS KEEP GETING STRONGER. NOTE: IF YOU ARE ACNEY PRONE BIOTON CAN IRRITATE THE PROBLEM AND MAKE IT WORSE SO PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST. ALSO B VITAMINS LIKE B-6 AND B-12 CAN HELP AS WELL AS IRON. UNLIKE BIOTON YOU CAN O.D. ON IRON SO YOU SHOULD ONLY TAKE THE RECOMMENDED DOSE. HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL.

I'm not sure if you can get your hair to grow faster other than using good health practices! If your hair is growing slowly, you could be stressed or have a poor diet. I am mostly guessing here because this is the first time I have ever heard that someone has hair that grows too slowly. I do know that fingernails and hair are made of the same substance though, and that I had poor fingernail growth awhile back when I was not eating enough protein. I hope that insight helps!

There is no published clinical data that backs up claims that over the counter hair inhibitors can slow or stop hair growth.

I'm haveing that same problem with my hair growing slow to
i've tried hair vitamins hair oils and many other hair growth products but nothing seems to be working
i have never had any problem's growing my hair out when i was younger because back then i had the down to my back
but now it's growing slow so if anyone have any other suggedtion please hep me thanks.

i have never had any problem's growing my hair out when i was younger because back then i had hair down to my back
but now it's growing slow so if anyone have any other suggetion please help me thanks

my hair has split off bleaching it right up to my ears i started useing biotin and my hair grows about an inch a month,, trust me if anything

works its biotin!!!

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

works its biotin!!!

Have there been any studies on this? I am curious because it sounds like you might actually have found a product that works but I'm not sure. Let me know if there are any, okay?