I have been drinking diet coke for the past 3 years. I really enjoy it. However, recently someone told me that diet coke is not so good for your health. Can you tell me more about it?

I am sure that you enjoy it, however, ask yourself what the soda is doing to your body. Some people think it is safe to drink it a lot, and some don’t. However, I advise you to go to your doctor because he can tell you if it is affecting you by examining you. I will give you some details about Diet Coke. Aspartame is one of the active ingredients in Diet Coke. It is better known as NutraSweet, which was approved for human consumption by the FDA. Over the years, a number of people have begun to attack NutraSweet. They are claiming that aspartame can be broken down into three amino acid components, aspartate, phenylalanine, and methanol. Then, all of these three amino acids can be broken down into smaller entities, called metabolites. They say tat these metabolites can be toxic. Some theorists credit Nutra Sweet for causing everything from multiple sclerosis to Gulf War syndrome. However, there is no proof for this. They also say that "aspartame disease" is what affects most people and symptoms of this disease include headaches and dizziness and so many other things.

First of all the carbonated water in the soda actually robs the body of nutrients and minerals especially calcium. The sweetener in diet drinks acts like MSG in the body. It makes you hungry. Like MSG in Kentucky Fried Chicken makes you want to eat more of it. However getting away from it is difficult if one does not change some dietary habits.

Learned about diet drinks years ago in college. My fiance now my wife liked the drink Tab and wondered why she never lost weight.

If you want to know more research aspartame on the internet.

There are numerous articles on artifcial sweeteners.