Hello! I am a 24 year old student and I tend to study at night. In order to do this and not feel sleepy I must drink coffee or something else that has caffeine in it to keep me awake and help me concentrate. I have read that coke and tea have also a big amount of caffeine in them. I started thinking that I should maybe switch from coffee to tea or coke since I like drinking them more than I do coffee. Which has more caffeine: Coke, coffee or tea?

Hi! I found some information that Coca-Cola or Diet Coke have around 45mg of caffeine per serving while Pepsi has 35mg. A cup of coffee if it is instant usually has somewhere between 60 and 100mg. If you drink Robusta coffee it has from 150mg to 175mg, which I think is too much. Green tea has the least caffeine which is around 15mg per cup, and black tea has from 30 to 120mg. I guess that this answers your question.

I just want to warn you that caffeine is good for you only if you take it in small dosage. Do not overdo it! And if you have to choose between coffee, coke or tea- choose tea. Be careful with caffeine since it can make you addictive, it can also cause severe headaches, muscle aches, anxiety and irritability. If you have to stay awake and study during night you should better get some sleep during the day and not rely on the caffeine.

I drink between 2- 4 cups of coffee per day. I am wondering if I have to stop drinking coffee becuase I do not see a significant benefit of nutritionally, medically and pychologically. What do you suggest that I continue drinking or stop it all. I drink my coffee with milk and I just want to know some scientific evidence.

Hi:
I can see that the last responder gave you numbers, so I'll give a different twist on your question. Tea is your best bet, obviously. I have been told by a doctor that none of the dark colored sodas are good for you. Actually, they are bad for you. You may have heard that coke and/or pepsi are so potent that they are used to clean buildup off of car batteries. Yes, that's true, I did not make that up. It's a wonder that people can digest it without burning up their stomachs. If you choose soda, go with the clear ones. This is just a little trivia that might be important to know. Good luck with your studies. Let us know if you find any additional information on this topic. Happy studying.

Well I am a have sleeper, so even when I drink coffee, if I am really sleepy i will fall a sleep regardless of the coffee i have drinked :-). But sometimes green tea has affect on me. And by drinking green tea i can stay up longer that usual.

Jacqueline...What did you decide on. Why did you make that choice. What did you think about the information that was posted in the responses? It was a lot of good stuff that educated me as well. How is the studying going? What are you studying? Are you almost done with your program so that you can lower the caffeine intake? I hope so. Let me know how you are doing. I look forward to hearing from you soon. I hope that all is well with you. :-D

I have been experiencing slight headaches and extremely bad irritability lately. It seemed to me to happen when I switched from drinking coke to tea, which lead me to believe that the tea had more or less caffiene. I seemed to think that it would be I was getting less caffiene with the tea but as I read in this article, it seems like it was that I was getting more or maybe too much caffiene when I drink tea.

According to the site's caffeine index, coffee has the most caffeine with 47-164 milligrams per 5 ounce serving. The caffeine content depends on how the coffee is brewed -- fresh drip has the highest level, instant has the lowest. Second place is a little more difficult to determine. A single serving of black tea (5 oz.) can have anywhere from 25 to 110 milligrams of caffeine, while a single serving of Coca-Cola (12 oz.) measures in with 46 milligrams. However, when you break it down to caffeine per ounce, tea handily beats Coke.