Is there anybody who can recommend me some other artificial sweeteners they can safely use instead of aspartame. I have had some side effects from aspartame and would like to replace it with something else. Thx !

Hello! Here is the list of other sweeteners: acesulfame K, saccharin, sucralose and stevia but I would also like to give you an advice that it is much better to use natural sugars or learn to adjust to the natural sweetness of raw foods. I try to avoid all artificial and chemical sweetener substitutes. They have no food value, they trick the body into thinking it is eating something sweet, and they have by-products of harmful toxic side effects.

I eat food with nutrasweet. You can not use it if you are PKU. Food with sorbitol and manitol is also very tasty and low in calories. Saccharin leaves bitter aftertaste in mouth, so I’d suggest you to avoid it. But my opinion is that sugar is natural food, and all these sweeteners are less caloric, but artificial. I read an article about aspartame and it made me less sweets-dependent. It’s more important to keep your health condition, than to lose more on weight.