I have a constantly twitching nerve on my lower right eyelid.I dont feel it but it's visible.Would like to know possible causes and if there is a remedy.

Hi Daly family -

I have been actively researching this topic of eyelid twitching and have found that the majority opinion is that it is stress induced. To me I'm not fully sold that it's the cause because I don't have a lot of stress in my life, unless I actually do but just manage it well? I'm trying to document the pattern of my twitching on a daily basis to try to detect any patterns in the occurrence. I

Some things I might recommend off the bat are:

- getting proper sleep
- eating fresh fruits daily (like bananas and melons)
- exercise
- participate in an activity that lowers stress
- being outdoors

As far as I can tell, botox is fairly unproven - some say it works, others say that it makes their eye saggy. Personally, I won't try it.

**edited by moderator**

When I started driving for a living, my lower left eyelid a little closer to the nose started twitching for 2-3 seconds at a time at random times. It gradually got worse over 6 months, and as a driver, annoying. I don't smoke and have always had an occasional beer or three (while off work) for 15+ years and my eye had never twitched. I enjoyed 'the road' again and drove a lot - 30000 miles a year, and listened to my 6 GB of music on random, and drinking gallons of my favorite soft drink while on the road, more than ever in my life. I didn't drink soda usually, due to the widely known effects of sugar, however, I enjoyed the new diet soft drinks, as I was also trying to keep my weight down and my new favorite diet soft drink tasted like the real thing and I loved it and it was made with Aspartame. Getting considerably annoyed with the twitching, I googled it and came across a link with Aspartame as the cause of nerve damage along with other side effects I was experiencing - insomnia, joint inflammation and pain, feeling hungover while not taking alcohol. So I put down the Aspartame and the other problems disappeared in a few days and my twitching gradually stopped over three months - never returned. I wonder if others experiencing this are taking a lot of Aspartame in their diet?

Wow I found this information very useful! I have also been gettin lower right side eye twitches!! They have been driving me crazy!! Everyone has been tellin me its caused by stress...which yes is could be.. And tons of other strange side effects... I drink A LOT of drinks w/ aspertame!! Going to try & cut it out and hopeful my body shall return to the norm..thx again