Hi. I suffer from digestive problems. My stomach hurts and I have also lost my weight. Somebody told me I may have Crohn's Disease. What is that? What could be the cause of my problems?

Hi. Many people suffer from digestive problems. Crohn`s disease is a chronic inflammation of parts of the gastrointestinal tract. It is an inflammatory bowel disease. Symptoms of Crohn`s disease include cramps, rectal bleeding, weight loss, fever, etc. Treatment include meds and surgery, if needed. You should eat small meals, drink plenty of fluids and you must prevent excessive weight loss. Some other causes of digestive problems could be celiac disease, constipation, diarrhea, food allergies, food poisoning, gastroesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, cystic fibrosis, hernias, indigestion, ulcers, and lactose intolerance.