I've experienced upper abdominal pain along with bloating for 1 year. I've been diagnosed with ulcers (10-20), then Celiac Disease, acid reflux and endometriosis. However, the doctors cannot figure out what caused the ulcers since I tested negative for H. Pylori and the bacterial overgrowth breath test. They're also not sure that I have Celiac Disease due to my Igg being slightly positive, Iga being negative and the vili are just slightly atrophied. I have been on Prevacid, Prilosec or Nexium off and on for 6 months and a gluten free diet with little to no relief in pain or discomfort. On top of that i have lost 20+ lbs. I am 5'6 and 106 lbs. I used to be 130+! I am now seeking help from an accupuncturist who has me on a Wheat free, dairy free, meat free, citrus fruit free, root vegetable free diet which is nearly impossible to follow. I have had endoscopies, colonoscopies, lapraoscopies, and ultrasounds with no answers. It's worse at night and even a couple bites of white rice leaves me gassy and bloated. Any ideas?

I have a little girl age seven with almost the identical problems. She has a min of 4-5 ulcers ( that is all they could count) they think she has celiacs with no relief on gluten free diet - actually got worse. She also has several other conditions including a cataract, what we know as 2 genetic diseases, and multiple dental anomolies. Unfortunately we have not found any answers yet either. i was wondering if you had otten any answers yet. I know there are several complications of celiacs that could fit these symptoms. Can you let us know what you have found out or not found out. We are desparately seeking help for our daughter. We have been doing this for 2 years now.

celiac can take years to heal and during such time the 'symptoms' can seem like they worsen, when they really are just 'finishing up' what had already started. the healing process takes time and during that time food, other than gluten, can also cause 'flare ups' due to situational in tolerances -- most common is dairy. An damage to the villi is celiac and the only treatment for celiac is a complete gluten free diet -- no cross-contamination no 'cheating' -- nothing. Only then can the healing begin. Do not rule out this disease which affects 1 in 50 people before following a strict and absolute gluten free diet for at least 4 years. Plus, celiac can lead to ulcers in addition to other gastro-intestinal disorders.

My niece, at the age of eight, has been diagnosed with over active thyroid, celiac and gluten intolerance. This creates a major dilema as she finds it hard to gain weight already with the thyroid problem and is now on a rice, fish, chicken, fruit & vegie diet (legumes are great). She is constipated regularly, so we have also backed off from the milk products and finds eating quite a chore.

The whole family (Nana & Aunts) have excepted her diagnosis and continue to make sure no wheat or gluten pass her mouth. This is imperative as her mother was told if we failed to do so she will contract bowel cancer. Either way we will make sure we do anything we can to help her through life. :-)

My daughter is 9 and she just have been diagnosed with Celiac. They found 4 ulcers on her and she has constant "stomach" pain.
She is in a gluten free diet but we are concerned about the milk issue too.
The other issue is that she is starting to look malnourished, with some symptoms like furry hair on her back just underneath her neck. I am worried about it.
I read that it takes time to heal, but I am concerned that the ulcers might not be getting better and she is becoming deficient
I am in Denver so if anyone has any idea of a specialist around here it would be great.

Thanks.

Hi, I am going through something similar. I have found a book by Elaine Gottenschal(sp?) called 'breaking the viscious cycle'. She describes a diet that will help with these problems. I have had some success with it. Basically, once the intestines are damaged by the gluten they are incapable of properly digesting many types of carbs and sugars, Untill you remove them the gut will not heal. I think the website is Hope this helps.

If you have any kind of villus atrophy you have celiac. Especially with positive antibody markers although it doesn't have to be.

have any of you people looked up "old solutions " to these health problems? they used to use iodine to cure some of these complaints. I am using it for asthma and rarely have to use my puffer. my breathing is much better. in my research of old medicine i found that iodine was used for many illnesses successfully. probably because the old doctors were right. we need much more than the daily reccommended amount the health people say we need. it has also regulated me. "also" most stomach pain can be laid at the feet of sugar.............that means anything with sugar.......even fruit.........read your labels..........anything that even mentions sugar or chemicals....throw it in the garbage......it's where it belongs........get yourselves on pro biotics....real food pro biotics....not pills.....AND read those labels to.............it's amazing how much good food is ruined by loading it with sugar.........but i guess the food industry just cannot stop it because they have been catering to SWEETTOOTH forever..........even knowing it causes cancer and candida overgrowths and ulcers.............and while your at it google THE ANTI BIOTIC SYNDROME..........VERY INTERESTING...........REMEMBER........when it comes to your families health.........YOUR the only one who really cares..........take charge and investigate...........sheep get slaughtered.........or experimented on'......... so....have a good day,".better health, better future"to all.

:O i have exactly the same problems. the doctors are still testing me and i have an ultrasound tomorrow. so fingers crossed they can figure it out because if not i get cameras inside me! %-) :-(

Hello Kim,

Did you get better to stay on this diet? (Wheat free, dairy free, meat free, citrus fruit free, root vegetable Free)? I know few people has been on diet Wheat free, dairy free, meat free, citrus fruit free, not a root vegetable type.

I do have similar problem. Yesterday I bought slippery ELM - to keep everything moving thru digestive system. Ulcer to take care ulcer. Vitamin K -best known for its role in normal blood clotting function..;

Vitamin C with Bioflavonoid

Enzymes

Probiotic

After taking this for one day I feel getting better.

Let me know how do you feel now.

Kimrim wrote:

Omg I have been going through the exact same things for over ten years , its been a real fight accompanied with severe acid reflux , its gotten so bad that I dont know what to do anymore and doctors have no answers , Id love to hear any more feedback you find out that helps!

Hi, just read your info... Only thing I can think of is maybe a problem with your gallbladder.. Another thing could be an appendix problem. Many people don't have classic symptoms, like nausea or vomiting. Just weight loss, stomach issues and a feeling that something just isnt right.. Always trust your gut instincts.. (But weight loss and chronic stomach problems could indicate one of these disorders..) For the gallbladder you need to have a special test called a hide a scan.. Nothing else will definitely indicate gall bladder issues. Been through it so I know.. Have terrific doctors, they knew what it was also because of the bloating and intolerance to most foods.. Well, Except for ground turkey, cooked veggies, and *Gerber Rice Baby cereal*. That stuff is great for tummy problems. I'm so sorry for you, stomach problems are quite miserable. Hope you get some answers very soon.. M-
PS. Be sure and take vitamins A and E.. They are healing.. Also, Acidophilus pills help most folks..

Kimrim wrote:

I HAVE THE SAME REACTION YOU ARE HAVING , I CAN NOT EAT ANYTHING AFTER ABOUT 3 P.M. IF I DO I CAN NOT SLEEP AT NIGHT OR EVEN BREATH WELL, I HAVE BEEN JUICING CELERY CARROTS TOMATOES BUT THE BLOATING IS STILL THERE IF YOU LEARN ANYTHING PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK