I have heard that malabsorption is difficulty in the digestion or absorption of nutrients from food substances. I think I have these symptoms because what I have read about it I found myself there. That is why I am worried and wonder could it be dangerous. Can anyone tell me more about malabsorption and should I see the doctor? Which consequences could this disease bring to me in the future?

First to say it is true that malabsorption is difficulty in digestion or absorption valuable ingredients from food we intake. Malabsorption can result from a broad spectrum of different diseases. Typically, malabsorption can be the failure to absorb specific sugars, fats, proteins, or vitamins, or it can be a general malabsorption. Diarrhea, bloating or cramping, failure to thrive, frequent bulky stools, muscle wasting, and a distended abdomen are commonly accompanied with malabsorption. Problem with malabsorption and its consequences is that it can affect growth and development, or it can lead to specific illnesses. Some of the causes of malabsorption include cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis, lactose intolerance, or celiac disease. Symptoms are specific food avoidance, chronic diarrhea, bloating and flatulence, or gasses, and growth failure. Prolonged malabsorption can brings you up consequence in malnutrition and vitamin deficiencies. You should call your health care provider if you noticed any symptoms of malabsorption. You need to understand that malabsorption is not a disease by itself, but rather the result of some other condition that is present.