For the past while ive had the following symptoms, weight loss, diarhha, constipiation here and there, bleeding rectum, blood in stool, narrow stool, bowel doesnt empty all the way, and stomach cramps, this has been going on for a good six or seven months and just recently i became seriously concerned. I am 16 years old, ive been told several times its just a food allergy but it wasnt untill I was in health class and we were discussing colon cancer, and i had many of the symptoms (excluding vommiting and a few other things)and I started freaking out. I understand colon cancer is the sort of thing that happens to males in their 50s, 60s, but theres the possibilaty of it happening to teenagers. But on lighter terms ive also been recently told my father has hemeriods, somthing i wasnt aware about before, and I've read alot into hemeriods and I have alot of those symptoms, itchy bum, burning bum, rectal bleeding and feeling like the bowel doesnt empty all the way, those sorts of things, and I remember around the time it started I would really hold in whatever I had to go (since i was in school all the time and i absolutley refused to use the stalls in the bathroom), id hold it in and it would ache alot, so by the time i got home it would feel like i was giving birth out of my bum. I think theres the possibilaty i have hemeriods and that was the cause of it, but what about the other symptoms? My weight loss (I went from about 120 to 115 within the 4 month period or so) diahheria and narrow stools? Some awensers would be comforting really, thanks

You should talk to your parents and had this checked. The symptoms are pretty serious and need evaluation. Six months is way too long to suffer such symptoms without having them checked. Diarrhea and vomiting and thin stools are not hemorrhoid symptoms and bloody stools are very serious symptoms. It could be indicating colon cancer but it could also indicate some other kind of bleeding within gastrointestinal tract.

You need to have tests done in order to realize what is going on. Make an appointment.

I agree. Those are some serious issues and you should not deal with it alone. You can't face it alone, it requires a help from the environment - doctors, parents, etc.

Rectal bleeding is not something that you should leave behind. It needs to be tested to determine some possible causes of it.

I agree that you already do have some serious symptoms and you should require the medical help. 

Fainting, painful abdominal cramps, severe anal pain, nausea are also the possible signs and serious symptoms.

Make an appointment to see your doctor if you experience less severe rectal bleeding!

Gosh. Your story is exactly the same as mine.

Even happened at the same time, my rectal bleeding started mid 06 as well when I was also 16. symptoms the same.

with the same concerns as you, I have had a colonoscopy to rule out cancer. The chances are at a nearly unheard of low, but I did it anyway.
There were NO results though. Other than 'no cancer'. Which was at least nice to know.

It's been TWO YEARS and doctor to doctor to doctor with no results, no improvement. I'm always met with bafflement and the (always HIGHLY) invasive tests show nothing.

Unlike you, I've only thought it could be food allergies recently. I've been excluding everything from my diet except rice, some meats, eggs, some vegetables, and some beans. It seems to be the only thing affecting my problems! Though it hasn't cured me yet, I highly recommend trying an elimination diet.

but other than that does anyone else have any help for us?

Hello iv been bleeding from my colon for 10 years now but it onley comes feb to march.I know i need a colon done on me see you had it but im scared does it hurt and how long does it last

im having the same problems.. i was wondering why i just randomly (without changing my daily life) lost 10 pounds.. also im having the same issues down there with the bleeding.. im thinking of getting it checked out.. the only problem is that if i tell my parents my dad will make fun of me.. and it will be oquward to tell them also.. but im also your age.. im 17

I think you might have some problems with your colon , but don't think of cancer, unless you make some special tests. If you have taken some weight loss pills, maybe they are causing this. Meanwhile, try eating as healthy as possible, like fruits and let your body rest for a while. Avoid stress this period, and have a medical check done.

hi i had these symptoms for years went back and forth to doctors eventually i had a colonoscopy and they found i had coilitis it causes all the symptoms associated with bowel cancer so i thought thats what i had but i just take medicine now to help, food stress not takin care of myself make it worse. go get it checked....

i have also had the exact same problems bleeding out of the bum when i go loo and lately i have been getting bad pains inside the bum even when im not on the toilet iv been looking all over the internet to find the signs of cancer in the colon its pretty scary

you might want to get checked for Crohn's. I had the same problem and come to found out that is what it was.

I have Crohn's disease to and these symptoms are exactly the same as mine. Ask the Dr when you go could it be Crohns or irritable Bowel Syndrome? They should be able to do tests to check for both and once you get a diagnosis they can get you on some drugs short term which should sort you out!

I have had the same symptoms and have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis. A colonoscopy was performed and confirmed the diagnosis. It is being treated with medication but know that it is hit and miss with the meds to begin with. What I mean is that your dosage to control this disease may be totally different than mine as everyone is different. The meds do work but it takes a little while to feel the effects. It is better to go and find out, everyone is scared of what the results might be but don't wait.