This post is for my mum, and she's got quite a horrible illness concerning her digestive system;

To start off, the basic information; she's 53, she has major depression and that depression has also caused insomnia, she can't fall asleep until around 3-4am in the morning (even though she takes sleeping tablets) and can't get up until around 11-12noon.

The illness is that she's got heaps of mucus in her digestive system and it's in there and she can't seem to get rid of it and the doctors she goes and sees can't seem to treat the problem, and it just feels horrible all the time in there and it's also interfering with her digestive system. The layer of mucus covering the walls of her stomach and intestines is getting thicker and thicker, she's had this problem for 8 years now, since 2000, and it's getting worse; she can feel the mucus rolling around in her abdomen and its extremely uncomfortable and most of the time it feels extremely hot, and this is worsening her insomnia because she's also got to cope with the horrible uncomfortable feelings in her gut as well as depression. She is in terribly poor health and most of the time she can't even get up out of bed.

Has anyone else heard of a case similar or have sort of a cure for it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also, another thing, I heard that the "Master's Cleanse" could help fix the problem, do you think that would work? >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse<

*bump*

No, seriously, the problem's pretty urgent and does anyone have any ideas?

i am no expert but its sounds like your mom has some pretty serious food allergies. i would take her to see a reputable naturopath and have get tested for food sensitivities. to start she needs to stop eating foods that assist with mucus creation: dairy (milk, cheese, butter and any products containing milk products). I hope that helps and gets you headed in the right direction. good luck with helping your mom.

ONE OF THE MAJOR SYMPTOMS OF CELIAC DISEASE CAUSED BY ALLERGY TO GLUTEN...IS MUCUS IN THE INTESTINES. IT DESTROYS THE LINING OF THE BOWEL. READ ABOUT GLUTEN INTOLERANCE OR CELIAC DISEASE....SEE IF SHE HAS ANY OF THE OTHER SYMPTOMS. CELIAC DISEASE OR GLUTEN INTOLERANT...HAS A LIST OF SYMPTOMS...YOU CAN EITHER HAVE NO SYMPTOMS OR ALL OF THEM OR ANYTHING INBETWEEN. BUT, MUCAS IS A MAJOR ONE. READ ABOUT IT....YOU'LL BE AMAZED. MY POOR DAUGHTER HAS SUFFERED WITH THIS ALL HER LIFE...AND AT 33 WE ARE JUST FINDING OUT WHAT HAS CAUSED IT. EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS CAN BE A SYMPTOM.

hope all is well now. My brother -in law had similar problem. Doctors in Toronto have to do 5-6 hour surgery to remove it. He is doing fine now. There was rupture in his appendix , and these cells kept growing over the years to form a gell surrounding his digestive system . Very few doctor know this condition.

As we age our ability to digest food lessens.   The increased mucous, sudden allergies, sleeplessness, the falling part feeling is the result of our chewed but not digesting foods rotting in our small intestion.   That roll around your middle, that you never used to have.   Yep, that's it.    Get on digestive aids, when ever you eat cooked foods, Betaine hydrochloride with pepsin will aid in digesting proteins and there are other enzymes to help with the digestion of oils and carbohydrates.   I learned this from listening to Dr. Bob Marshall, Healthline, on my God and Country Am radio station KKPQ in Portland, Oregon.   

You need to check into the mucus-less diet...it's drastic but when you're chronic that is what it takes

I do not know or have any idea as to the problem, but I do know sipping on a small glas of a teaspoon of baking soda seems to help a lot.