what is ditiulitis,what foods should be avoided,does extended stomach come with onset of diarrhoeá.

Hello! I am very sorry to hear about your friend’s problem since I know how awful it may be with diverticulitis.
Some people develop pouches in their large bowels. They seem to occur in weak spots and usually don’t cause any troubles themselves. However, when these pouches get inflamed and infected, it is called diverticulitis. About 10 to 25 % of people with pouches develop diverticulitis.
The symptoms may be debilitating and include abdominal pain, alternating diarrhea and constipation, severe cramps in your lower left side that come and go, chills or fever, nausea and vomiting and rectal bleeding.
Diverticulitis can cause serious troubles and lead to bleeding, infections, perforations or tears, or blockages. These complications require immediate treatment in order not to progress to more serious illness.
In order to prevent diverticulitis attacks, a person should eat foods high in fiber. These are fruits, vegetables and whole grains and they help soften waste and make it pass more smoothly through your colon. This reduces pressure within your digestive tract. In order to do so, plenty of clear liquid is also needed. Lots of fiber is no good if there is no water because both intestines use water, as well as fiber. If there is not enough water, intestines will use all the water and fiber will stay hard and cause constipation.

don't eat nuts or seeds

you shouldn't eat seeds or nuts. That is what my doctor told me.

I have diverticulitis so i have begun to find out as much as i can about it.I seen ur post and wanted to help out.

Foods to Avoid:
Whole Grains
Raw and Dries fruits,sultanas,raisins,berries.
Broccoli,Cauliflower,Brussels Sprouts,Cabbage.
All NUTS AND SEES

hope this helps out some.

according to web md people with diverticulitis can now eat brussel sprouts is this true??