Hi, I'm from Canada and we don't carry Citrucel. My doctor had prescribed Citcrucel for more fiber intake. The only product we have near to that is Metamucil. I have the smooth texture organe sugar free in 5.8g packets. Question, since I don't need to take fiber to make be go number 2, how many pkgs do I take to just increase my fiber.

:$

Hi there brenda2! It is hard to say how much fiber you need because you haven’t specified your age, height, weight. I had problems with constipation and hemorrhoids and the doc told me to increase my fiber intake. He didn’t prescribe any products; he told me what food to it, in order to get the wanted amount. Here are the instructions I got: apples, berries, figs, oranges, pears, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, green peas and beans are all vegetables and fruit that are high in fiber and this is what I should eat more of: bran muffins, brown rice, popcorn, multiple-grain cereals and cooked beans every week.

Community Administrator
Hello Brenda2!

Welcome to the Steadyhealth. com!

I would like to inform you that I have split your two posts and made a new subject with the second one called "Deep problems with my stomach" and placed it in Disorders!

Best Regards
Billy

The recommended dail amount of Citrucel is 1 rounded tablespoon,
19g in at least 8 ozs. of water.