I have diverticulitis and I’ve been told that I need a diet, but no one told me what I should eat and what should I not eat. I need some advice here and I appreciate explanation of the disease. Thank you.

Diverticulosis is a condition that occurs when pouches or sacs are formed in the intestines and when these sacs become inflamed, it is then termed diverticulitis. Epidemiologists suggest that diverticulosis occurs more often when people eat a highly refined, low fiber diet. If you're diagnosed with diverticulosis, a high fiber diet is a key. Since fiber has the ability to absorb water and make stools bulky and soft, pressure on the intestinal tract decreases and waste products move along more quickly and that would be high fiber cereals or unprocessed wheat bran, as well as plenty of fruits and veggies, are often recommended. People with diverticulosis can eat most foods, but avoid anything that may get caught in a pouch or sac. Tiny particles from the following foods can get trapped, causing pain: nuts seeds, especially poppy, caraway, sesame; berries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries; hulls such as popcorn.

I was dignosed with that this summer after a horrible hospital stay(9days) for diverticuli infection.
36yr old f, had pains that were not like any other, couldn't stand up, drove to clinic, they asked if i still had appendix, i did, the ambulance rushed me to hospital, stayed for 9 days with awful infection, vomiting, worst pain in my life and so many pills, antibiotics, painkiller, anti neaseau...out of hospital, got a colonoscopy, found diverticulitis, 3 more infections in 2 months...
surgery - found a baseball size abcess in my large intestine, took 8 inches of my large intestine(where diverticulitis was) 2 inches of small intestine, and my appendix.

home for 6 weeks, back at work and on Ultram for 4 months for after pooping pain every time....
until this week when i had laproscopic surgery to remove scar tissue from the surgery.