I know that is important to be in diet if you want to prevent diverticulosis. The thing that confuses me is when I asked around some people advised me to be on low-fiber diet but others recommended a high-fiber diet??? So, I just need to know what the food that I should stay away is.

Well, you are right that the key to preventing diverticulosis and repeat incidences of diverticulitis is diet. In the past, a low-fiber diet was recommended, but today, experts recommend a high-fiber diet. Especially good is a bulk and stool-softening fiber such as psyllium and plenty of water should be consumed all the time. The foods that you should stay away from when you have diverticulosis are nuts, grains, and seeds, but well-cooked brown rice is helpful, also eliminate dairy products, red meat, sugar, fried foods, and spices from the diet. Get plenty of leafy greens, but do not overuse laxatives as they can irritate the colon wall. Take care.