For the past year I have had constant reoccurring dizziness (non spinning type), dull headaches, lightheaded, fatigue, loss of concentration and focus, and sometimes on & off nausea. The dizziness began July of last year after I returned home from a cruise. After a couple months of the symptoms not subsiding, I went to a doctor. Since then I have gone to an ENT and even switched doctors who both performed blood work and did ekgs. Everything was normal except an elevated SGPT on the 2nd test, but the doctor said it wasn't very high and that wasn't causing my issues. I have had I guess what you would call 3 "panic episodes", one of which I blacked out and fell but was fine after about a minute, just weak. Ever since then, the doctor has assumed it's anxiety, but these episodes have happened out of no where on rare occasions and I didn't feel like I was going to die or anything. I just had trouble breathing and got severely shaky and sweaty. They prescribed me an antidepressant which just kept me up at night and gave me painful migraines so I went off and they just told me to go to a psychologist. I haven't gone yet and really want to look at all my options before settling on one thing.
I am currently out of school so I'm not stressed and sometimes find that excedrin helps with the fatigue and loss of concentration; but not all the time, recently it just has been making me more nauseous and shaky. I did at one point consider migraines because of family history and even kept a food journal. However, excedrin has aspirin in it, so it does make me wonder if aspirin was actually helping me. I have low blood presure, but not that low; the other morning it was 100/60, but then by afternoon it was 120/80 exact. Usually at the doctor's office it is 110 something.
I have tried cutting sugars and carbs out of diet; no results. It keeps getting worse over time and more symptoms keep showing up and affecting my ability to function and remember things. (1st it was dizziness, then loss of concentration, then fatigue where I'm exhausted and tired despite having 8-9 hrs of sleep) I did get over a stomach flu about two weeks ago, during the which the symptoms were worse and I had to stay in bed, which is unusual for me. I am an active college student, even if I get the flu, I don't lay in bed all day. I have done a lot of research on the internet and am stuck and have no idea what it could be. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever had any similar symptoms/issues and has any ideas, insights, or resolutions as to what could be going on.

This is just a suggestion, and it might not be an issue, but is there any chance you aren't drinking enough water? Dehydration can cause every symptom you mentioned, and when you listed symptoms being worse during stomach flu I thought it might be worth mentioning. Dehydration can cause dizziness and nausea due to a drying of the fluid in the ear. It would make sense the aspirin helping somewhat since it thins the blood. I hope this helps.

I have had very, very similar symptoms  for quite sometime but have yet to find a cause or fix.  I would be very interested out if you have found the cause or acure. Thanks. 

I would like to keep in contact with you as I have had the very same symptoms almost exactly other than the stomach flu episode. every symptom that you listed I have every day constantly. like you I have done extensive research online and consultant positions and have gotten nowhere.

Ditto. My symptoms persist and, with the exception of the stomach flu and the panic thing, are pretty much exactly like those described by zebrafanatic8.
Off and on Dizziness (non spinning type), dull headache, lightheaded, fatigue, and loss of concentration and focus. The symptoms started over 10 years ago and seem to slowly getting worse and more frequent. I can feel fine at times then 5 minutes later feel like c**p. Can last for just a few hours, or sometimes days or weeks. Have been to the doctor several times but all tests are normal (blood tests, scans, etc).
Over the last year the fatigue problem has become much worse even though I get plenty of sleep. The issues have a significant effect on just about everything I do or try to do.
Have pretty much given up on finding a fix.

hello zebrafanatic8! i have exactly the same kind of symptomps as you can you contact me to help it out

i wouldbe very greatfull if some one helps me out on this....

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My husband recently had the flu shot...few days later he felt lightheadedness and fatigue...blood test normal..blood pressure normal..cat scan tomorrow

I have the same symptoms, lightheaded, dizzy, lack of concentration.  I think I had a panic attack when this first started a few weeks ago.  It scared me and kind of freaked me out.  I went to my doctor and she said that it sounded like I had a bit of anxiety and depression.  I DO NOT FEEL depressed.  I just get really dizzy then I feel like I can't concentrate.  My first episode lasted almost a week.  I was also really shaky.  I think some of the symptoms were caused due to fact that I got scared and thought I would lose my mind.  After the first episode, i was back to feeling normal, then it happened again but not as bad.  This time it started with the dizziness then I felt like I couldn't concentrate, plus I also feel a bit jittery.   I feel like my mind isn't functioning right, so I went back on the anti-depressants until I can see a psych, but they are so booked.  I had an appt this week but it was cancelled due to the doctor being ill so it was pushed back until the first week of November.  I just want someone to tell me what is really going on with my dizziness and lack of concentration.  I considered seeing a neorologist, but that appt would be in January.  I do suffer from migraines too.  I don't want to be put on an antidepressant if thats not whats going on with me.  

I have had the same type issues off and on for approximately 8 years. When I go to the doctor they find nothing wrong. It is very difficult to focus on a task and complete in a timely manor. Frustrating to say the least. Please post again if you find anything out, Hope you are feeling better.

I began having these types of issues 6 years ago. I was diagnosed with a form of vertigo called BPPV and it was brought on by a respiratory infection which caused the crystals in my ear to move to another canal. Simple physical therapy keeps it under control. Ask your physician to check for it.

Dizziness walking time sgpt82 why

I have had these symptoms for a little over a year. Mine started with dizziness after a trip where I blacked out with no warning. It progressed to fatigue and constant , often debilitating headaches. I have had a few panic attacks but it is the headache that is wrecking my life . I've had every test you can think of and so many meds to list all of which caused some type of bizarre reaction. I'm sick of it all and want my life back. Any thoughts, information appreciated.
Heartnurse374