I had my gall bladder removed 7 days ago and I am having a slight problem feeling dizzy and lightheaded off and on for no apparrent reason.
What do you think the problem could be? I have hypertension but I take meds or it and I have been monitoring it and it stays around 127/87. Not a reason for my problem.

I too am experiencing the lightheadiness and dizziness, also weakness, for no apparent reason. Comes on quickly and lasts anywhere from 1/2 to two hours. My blood pressure has always been fine. I'm 3 weeks post-op. Thought at first it might be dehydration from the all diarrhea the first 10 days, but I'm drinking fluids and gatorade. It's very unnerving. I'm afraid to drive. Sure wish someone has some answers.

Its been 2 weeks since having a lapcoli. Feeling nauseated and dizzy.
your thoughts?

I have a friend who has been experiencing these symptoms since surgery a year ago. The dizziness is constant and the nausea and vomiting especially bad after eating. She has had every test imaginable and no one seems to know what to do. Any suggestions? She doesn't have vertigo, heart problem, or any neurolical disorder that has been discovered. She is miserable.

Hi there -
I am not a medical professional, but I had a gall bladder surgery a little over 2 years ago, i've been going through the same symptoms you all have, dizziness, diarrhea, and frequent urination.
The dizziness, parched mouth, and dry skin all are symptoms of extreme dehydration. From my gatherings, blood pressure/hypertension medications add to the problems of dehydration. That is just one of the side effects of that classification of medication.
I have been told that it cannot be taken care of by any other means than supplementation. Since we lose valuable fluids from our bodies through the skin, urine, and diarrhea, it all needs to be replaced. What i've been having to do is drink plenty of Electolyte-rich drinks, plenty of water, along with potassium, folic acid and vitamin B. Supplementation is especially critical for those who exercise
I haven't yet discovered anyone who can give us all any relief from this cycle. We just need to take care of ourselves.

Well people...I had my gallbladder removed 2 1/2 weeks ago. I've also been feeling dizzy and faint, lightheaded. I have a friend who also had the same thing 2 years ago...turned out, for some reason her body was not able to digest vitamins A, B and D. She had bloodwork done and that's how they found out... I need to get that checked as well. I feel as though my body is not taking in everything I eat, even though it's healthy..

I am 6 days post op from gallbladder removal. I too am experiencing lightheadedness, dizziness, and weakness. I have been taking FloraMore which is a pro biotic supplement between meals. It definitely helps with the gas, but you must use the probiotics consistently. I also have been eating a low fat diet which my body has accepted well. I will say, having had knee surgery 4 years ago, I had the same dizziness for a while after going under general anesthesia from that surgery. My mother said her dizziness lasted 6 months after hers was removed when she was my age. She contributed hers also to recovering not only from the removal of an organ, but general anesthesia as well.

I'm hoping to get my energy level up soon.

Had my gallbladder out 14 months ago. Dizzy spells, weakness from time to time, urinate more often than ever before and have pain/discomfort from time to time in my back. Cant over exercise even slightly or will be tired for up to 3-4 days afterwards....

Doctors diagnos: you are fine, but are you stressed...??!
My answer: I was fine prior to having this operation and yes I am stressed now ... with the medical profession fobbing me off as being mad and not getting to the bottom of this problem that they have now created for me to deal with!

Hello everyone, I have read your posts and was wondering if anyone had any advice about something....I had my gallbladder out in December 2008. Only after a couple of days I started to get lightheaded. At first I thought it was just the anestisa (sorry If it's mispelled) because it went away for a couple of weeks. It seems to keep coming back though. It will go away for a few days to a week and then it comes back. I never felt this way before my surgery, and nothing has changed. I eat a lot more healthier now that I had my GB removed but I can't figure out what it could be from. I also go to the bathroom quite frequently everyday. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this. Did any of you find a solution to your lightheadedness? I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Eat cod liver oil - It contains A, E, and E.

Hi, like all of you I too had my gallbladder removed 5 days ago. I am feeling fine other than slight wound pain, and this terrible dizziness that comes on out of the blue. I thought it might have been the meds so I sto[[ed taking them, the pain wasn't that bad anyway. But this dizziness is driving me crazy! It is worse in the mornings when I get out of bed and seems to ease late at night. I think i am better and BAM, there it is again in the morning. I would love to know the cause!!! When I came off the anaesthetic in the hospital it took a good 24 hours for me to be able to see clearly, which was abit scary. I am hoping that maybe it is a side effect from the anaesthesia... and that it will go away. THis surgery was supposed to make me feel better!! I woujld appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this!!??
Kristy

I am 2 weeks out of my gall bladder removal and I too am having unpleasant dizzy spells. I've read all of the posts here but so far, have not found an answer or really good explanation of what is going on. If some of you have tried the probiatoics, or just drinking more water please let the others know what your results have been. And, if the symptoms have just faded away that would also be valuable to know as well.

I had gallbladder surgery on 3/4/2010 and I feel dizzy every day. Went to the ER on Monday they said that that my blood levels and electrolyte levels are fine. I talked to the surgeon today and she said that she has no idea why I feel dizzy and to check with my primary care physician. I am very concerned, don't know if I am ever going to be "normal" again. Would like to know if it ever got better for any of you.

I had laparoscopic gallbladder removed 7 days ago (3/16/10) and I have been dizzy for 3 days straight now, today being the worse day. the doctor didnt say anything for it, and I stopped taking the meds 4 days ago.

HI I AM SO GLAD I CLICKED ON THIS SITE, I HONESTLY THOUGHT I WAS BECOMING A HYERCHONDRIAC (IF THATS HOW U SPELL IT) IN PAST YEAR I HAVE HAD TWO MAJOR OPS ONE HYSTERECTOMY AND THIS LAST ON GALL BLADDER REMOVAL. HYSTERECTOMY WENT FINE NO COMPS APART FROM OCCASIONAL BLADDER PROBS BUT AFTER THIS ONE I HAVE HAD DIZZINESS, DIARRHEA, EXTREME TIREDNESS, FEELING HOT ONE MINUTE AND COLD THE NEXT AND AM ONLY ABLE TO EAT HALF OF A MEAL A DAY. NOW ALL THESE SYMPTOMS WERE NEVER MENTIONED IN THE SIDE EFFECTS OF OP SECTION. I COULD REALLY DO WITH SOME ADVICE HERE, TO BE HONEST IM SICK OF GOING TO THE DOCTORS AND GETTING FOBBED OFF WITH PRESCRIPTIONS ETC