I had a microdiscectomy 7 weeks ago. A few days after the operation I had a really sore throat and vomiting, the vomiting subsided but the nausea and dizziness have stayed. Have visited the doctor twice but puts it down to the aneasetic. The surgeon says its nothing to do with it or the operation and could be viral inner ear infection. My doctor says no it isn't. Not sure which way to turn and feeling awful. :'(

Did you ever get an answer to your dizziness problem? My boyfriend is experiencing the same thing. He is trying desperately to figure out what happened to him. He went in for a microdiscectomy, and was in no pain other than his back at the time, but since emerging from surgery he has been incredibly dizzy and nauseous (not to mention experiencing pain in his abdomen). We have visited multiple doctors and he has undergone numerous tests but are being told the same thing. Please let me know if you ever found an answer!

Thank you -
Paige

I had my microdiscectomy in 11/2010. I woke up with nausea and dizziness. I was given a patch immediately behind my ear to stop this. It worked and then about four days after going home from the hospital, I was taken back to the emergency room  because I was so dizzy I couldn't see straight. I was so worried and thought I was dying! I was diagnosed with vertigo. Due to the position of how we were on the table, face down during operation, our inner ear crystals started to float around. I had to go through physical therapy and was fixed right up. I still have episodes of vertigo, but I now know that it can be treated with the Epley Manuever and it goes away. If left untreated, it will go away on it's own in a few weeks when the crystals settle back down. I hope this helps you.

Best of luck to you both!

Carol