I need some answers?
It is 2-10-09 i was driving and I suddenly got dizzy and I had the hardest time focusing my eyes on moving objects. I had this happen about 3 years ago Im now 25 years old and scared. I need some answers . I cant go to the doctors so seeking help here. ? It start while I was driving then it want away and now that Im home. I cant even focus my eyes on moving things like the TV, I still get dizzy lying down so this is freaking me out. I have not medicle if any one can help it would be nice. The worst thing is I have a 3 year old home with me. So I really cant go on like this. Thanks.

I have been going through something similar. I have had horrible dizzy spells to the point that I sort of "black out" but I'm still a little aware of what is going on. My ears start to ring, my heart feels racy, and I get very dizzy. The real issue is I have been dealing with it for nearly 2.5 months. I have been to the ER several times- all my tests come back normal. I also went to my regular doctor and my blood pressure was very low so she sent me to get an IV, it brought my pressure back up, but I still feel sick! The newest symptom is my vision. I fell kind of like I'm looking through a fog, but I can still see everything- almost like my contacts are a perscription or two off (they are not, I just got them). I went to another doctor tonight, but he refused to see me, since he felt there was nothing he could do for me. I feel like I am checking out!!! It's just crazy. I have been on tons of meds, and none of them help. Just hoping for answers since I cannot go on like this...

Hey I know this is a late reply, but I too am having very similar symptoms. About 50% of the time I'm driving I feel confused. When I realize I'm confused I seem to start to panic a bit. I usually fight it off but sometimes it won't go away. I get so nervous sometime I start tapping my feet and open and close windows thinking the fresh air will do me good. This started when I was 23 and has slowly gotten worse, I am now 27. A night this feeling is easily doubled!! I also feel like my vision is foggy, but when I test myself I can read signs and make out every thing, Also eye doc say i have perfect vision. The way i would describe the vision thing is I cant seem to focus on one thing for very long and kinda feels like I'm looking though a really blurry front window. This thing is really getting me down. Having an impact on my life.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I am 18 years old and i've had this same issue for about 3 months. I cant get any answers from the doctors about anything and i've been to the eye doctor as well. I freak out just like you do because it's oviously scary not being able to be yourself. I have researched on many sites and i have read blogs about many people having the same issues with no answers. This also freaks me out because i go to college in a few weeks. So I'm just going to leave this here incase someone can figure out this weird disease...... please tell me how to fix it.

just some quick questions.... have you been checked for diabetes? when this happens are you stressed? have you changed your diet lately? and have you had an MRI?

diabetes can cause this and so can being over stressed. Diet changes cause a change in your brain as well as having a possible tumor =(..

I have similar issues.  Symptoms apeared after I contracted H1N1 3 years ago (in my mid thirties).  RAn multiple tests with optimetrists, opthalmologists, ENTs, etc.  Also got a bad case of Tinnitus.

End result, my middle ear cilia are damaged.  Nothing can be done.  It was detected by hearing tests identifying pressure differences between my ears, followed by a balance test.  I do not recommend you have one of these done for the fun of it.  It will induce severe vertigo.  However it did detect a 35% difference in pressure between my two ears.  If you research balance, you will find that our eyes, ears and soles of feet are responsible for sending signals to brain.  With teh ears out of sync, I get dizzy often, and get vertigo on a constant basis.

The ENTs advised that our brain would adapt in time, and this is true.  The attacks do not affect me as long.  Which is good because I cannot drive for at least 24 hours after a vertigo attack, and working is a challenge.

Talking to an ENT could be of assistance, and if required, an udiologist who specialises in vertigo rehabilitation.  They can help you with exercises to "train" your brain if you are suffering balance issues.

Also, try to avoid stress...it compounds the negative effects.

Good luck

I'm having the same thing happen for 2 months now. I am 24 years old and one night went to the hospital for heart palpitations. Then this thing started, I couldn't describe it at first so I would just say I was dizzy. Then I started figuring it out, kind of like a pulsating blurred sensation and I have trouble focusing my eyes on things even the tv whether they love fast or slow, almost like my brain isn't connected to my eyes. The doctors best guess is that it's anxiety disorder. It's hard to accept it when I've been a regular 24 year old woman who has lead a very happy healthy life, but kegs come out good, my eye doctor prescribed me glasses to see from far, but other than that they can't find nothing else. It's scary, I've cried endless nights having a 4 year old at home and not being able to enjoy the rest of my life due to this condition, if it's an anxiety disorder fine, but I just need the right medication to take this feeling away. My eyes are everything and this strange new thing happening that I have no true way of describing is scaring me and I can't go to school or do anything because it doesn't allow me to concentrate, all I want to do is sleep so that I don't feel that scary thing! I will tell you all to try one xanax if the symptoms disappear for that moment, your best bet is that it's an anxiety disorder, some chemical Imbalance in your brain as doctors say or hormonal imbalance. Xanax is not the way to go, but it'll definitely tell you if it's your nervous system or if something really is wrong. Sucks to be going through this, I'm so miserable. Pretty girl with my entire life ahead, I was anxiously waiting for summer... And now this. Can't even take care of my little girl with this condition or cook or go to school and I want to be a lawyer. Maybe we should all be doctors because from the looks of it, they never really have answers. Best of luck to all of you and if you figure it out please let me know! Xoxo

You all probably had a viral infection like I did. A year ago I was in class and got dizzy all of a sudden. The rest of the day I felt like I was stoned. My vision was off it just felt restricted and blurry. I was really weak and felt confused. I ended up feeling so foggy I started to get disoriented. That horrible feeling gave me my first panic attack. So fast forward it turns out my bloodwork showed I had mono. It last for months. Thought about suicide several times. Mono sucks but this was bad. I had horrible cognitive issues which isn't normal for mono. I had horrible anxiety. It felt like I was about to have a panic attack for no reason. Everyday I tried to be positive But I had this horrible depression. I never cry and cried all the time. It was like a family member died. I had weakness so bad I couldn't get out of bed. Everything felt over stimulating. I couldn't drive. I couldnt hold a conversation Or watch TV i just felt so f'ed up, almost trippy, that it made me feel uncomfortable. Then I had the vision problems too. My eyes hurt. It was hard to move them and keep them open. And it was like there was a delay in what I was seeing. Like if i turned my head to look at say a chair it just wouldn't register. It was like I was stoned out of my mind. Fast Forward basically a year and it's better now but I still don't feel normal. I'm still out of work n school. I dont hang out with anyone Because I still kinda have that weird foggy uncomfortable feeling I never had anxiety but now I do because of it. My vision still feels off too. I've been to 5 eye docs. even had one hook the brain lobe things about to my head and read my brainwave activity while doing a visual stimulation test. They can't find anything. I've had so much bloodwork, mri, spinal tap and 2 different neurologists can't find anything. Next up is a disease specialist. Stay strong people and stay in touch.  It does get better. You have to be your own doctor. Research as much as u can. Change your diet. Try medication try anything.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Have you ever been checked for lymes disease?

Did any of you all in this thread ever figure out what was going on? Is it better now?

Did you ever figure out what was going on? Experiencing the same exact thing myself and getting no answers

I have this problem to. Go to neurologist