Hello all

Will try to make this as short as I can--- I'm a 33 year old male from North Carolina. I'm having vestibular and neuro issues along with strange cerivical/head sensations.  Incidentally my BP is around 144/90

Basically in april of last year I had a strange feeling under my sternum when I was in bed going to bed, a kind of jolt when I breathed at a certain point of air capacity in bed. I also woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe after falling asleep. I then had trouble breathing during the day and felt like I was going to spazz out at any time. (I still feel that way).
Incidentally I was working on my car for a few weeks and was covered in antifreeze, oil, trans fluid a lot and also had to contort my body in bad positions, including neck.

Ok so I went to my primary care provider in fear and she shrugged it off as anxiety and gave me klonopin and a beta blocker. I took both and didn't like the feeling of them so I quit taking them. I then got a bad anxiety attack along with in-bed twitches. They seem to be kind of light startle twitches that manifest when I initiate movement. Often they seem to be under the skin. Anyway I still get that, along with the feeling that I'm going to spazz out. May well be anxiety, but not sure.

Ok so this past month I got a hemorhoid and changed chairs for a while in the den. I am a bad sloucher and routinely caught myself slouching very bad in this chair, thrusting my head to my chest. The hemorhoid resolved, but days after I got vertigo twice in a 5 day period, seperated by some dizzy spells. After the second vertigo spell I've had constant, intermittant dizzy spells and ear fullness for a couple weeks up to now. In the meantime (since last friday), I've had a neck issue that feels like a strong pressure sensation when i put my head up against the back of a chair or arm of a couch or whatever. I've tried to avoid that position that I did before, but I continue to have these issues.. I'm having small startle jerks when I initiate movement, also having random jerks  I'm having that constant forboding spasm feeling, and often feel the pressure sensation in back of head when i orient my head in a certain way.  Oh yeah, I'm constantly squinting my eyes as well - photosensitivity? It's debilitating to say the least.   I'm really dreading work, or even waking up in mornings for that matter. 

Apologies if this is slopily written, but I want to get it done haha

Any ideas on what I'm dealing with?  I'm wanting to go to a neurologist, but am a bit unsure about how i should approach it - hospital or clinic? My individual insurance doesn't pay for sprecialists until deductable is met.  Also what's the going rate on an MRI? 

thanks a lot

hello. Well you have described symptoms of a night time panic attack that I know. You wake up feeling like you can't breathe? panic attacks do that to me and they can be very strong. One major thing they are caused by is stress. Also when you drift of into sleep, your body undergoes changes in temperature, breathing and muscle relaxation. A hypnic jerk may be a result of the muscles relaxing. The brain misinterprets this as a sign of falling and signals our limbs to wake up; hence the jerking legs or arms. Some people with sleep disorders cannot relax their muscles and have been known to act out their dreams.In most people, a hypnic jerk usually occurs just once or twice a night. But  when a person is deprived of sleep or trying to fight sleep, it may happen more often. In extreme cases, the muscle twitches can happen every thirty seconds or more. This disorder is called periodic limb movement. So maybe from you working hard and in tight spots has caused your muscles to sort of "freak out" should we say, happens when we don't use those muscles enough as we should also. Yes i could see why they thought of anxiety because of that reason but its nothing dangerous and your okay.  oh the vertigo thing by the way could very well be part of a migraine attack known as migraine associated vertigo. The dizzy spells can happen before, during or after a headache. but if you don't have that then it could be an eye-related symptom or inner ear symptom that could be causing your dizziness I'm not to sure. your neck pressure sounds like a result in bad sitting posture so maybe try to work on that and see how your neck feels. Because if you slouch all the time you will get sore and develop bad posture for sure. I'm sorry but that's all i can help you with hope this helps you a little. :-)

Thanks for the response

well the neck problem has subsided a bit, and yes i have bad posture, etc. The dizziness comes and goes.. i can go outside at night and walk and run without much problem, but during the day it's almost constant dizziness. Today i have it with a headache, and feel twitchy again.. yesterday hardly twitchy. 

I forgot to add that i have tinitus in my right ear; have had it constantly for years.. both ears can pick out freqs from 45~60 hz to 14(left) and 15k(right). The left ear seems to be the constant source of headaches (all my life), and seems to be the side that my dizziness seems to come from. but there's no tinnitus that I can find, although a tinny sound at times coming into one or both of the ears. Of course this is just what I'm percieving.. may not be the case.

was *ok* for a few days, and i once again got the sensation in the back of my head.. I can't even describe the feeling but it's not pain.. but is very distressing and uncomfortable.. seems like i get dizzy when i move my head up and down also.. I'm trying to improve my posture, but I'm not sure if it will do much good... Hope it's not chiari or eagles' or a lifelong ligament or disc problem, but then again i hope it's not a tumor or somethign worse either.. 

Hello.Did this problem of yours resolve over time? or are you still dealing with it? I have been battling with these similar problems for over a month and now i wake up int he middle of the night in some kind of phsychosis like state where im always confused and have blurred vision . I believe this is stress from not knowing what is wrong with me. 

Have you we ever found out why or what I'm asking is I'm having the same I believe and its very Uncomforting that nobody has a clue and chop it up to things like my lifestyle choices.
I work hard play harder! Or the best it's the stress in your life. That is bs at it's finest. just say you dont know if you don't know Mr.Dr. person. But back to point. is yours almost like vibration in the head kind of dizzy but yet, like the chills with small vibration with head/vision like a CD skip w/tpwitches with loud ringing in ears after and you could never explain it correctly other than saying wierd. Am I close?

Almost a good feeling if weren't so scary and knew what it was feeling