I'm 23 yrs. old and I'm having dizzy spells, only twice had they been severe enough to make me fall, but just before I fall my vision is really blurred, and my whole body shakes and it doesn't stop for about a minute after I get up. I have to stay laid down for 15-20 minutes, before I can get back up again or else it will start all over again. Please help, I have no idea what this is, and its scaring me. :'(

ereeves

This needs to be checked out by a doctor as it could be a lot of things like vertigo, issues with the brain or cervical issues.

Please contact your doctor and let us know the outcome

Regards
Portia

Well this is quite disturbing and can limit your daily routines. Dizziness is a serious condition that is sometimes hard to cure. But there are medications now days that might control this problem. However to know what medication to take you first need to find the underling cause of your problems. All this sounds to me like problem with blood pressure. Have you had any problems with blood pressure? This could be an epileptic disorder as well. Problem is that you can’t be sure until you ran some test at the hospital. However, Ménière's disease is also an possibility but you should have some symptoms associated with your hearing as well. Have you noticed any problems with ears?

The past few years when I stand up sometimes I pass out, blurred vision, body shakes, uncontrollable laughter and see things that didnt happen. Sometimes its only one thing and sometimes its all in one. I told a doctor about it and he said it was normal and that I have to get used to it. I dont feel like it is normal. Should I be concerned?