Hi. I was wondering could anyone explain me some details about basal cells in human skin and their ability to turn into a tumor.
Just the other day I have read some stuff about human tumors and I have found out that skin tumors, especially basal cell carcinoma are the most frequent tumors in men.
I just can't believe that human skin cells could be so weak and non adaptive to outer conditions such as sunlight. I believe this is really big hole in all evolutive adaptations of human.
Any thought about this?

I am medical student I happen to know some facts about skin basal cells. Yes, these basal cell tumors are the most severe tumors in humans. Why, no body knows. Basal cells are normal skin cells. They may develop cancerous changes, causing a lump or bump that is painless.
In fact, most of these tumors do not quite develop from basal cells, but from pluripotential cells within the basal layer of the epidermis or follicular structures.
These cells are genetically active all ours life and direct sunlight can induce mutations of some of these genes. That’s when tumor shows up. I hope I helped you providing you some details about this problem.