Hi! For some time I feel pain in chest, which goes away and comes back. What are warning signs and symptoms of heart attack? My father died from heart attack. Am I in risk for heart attack?

Hi! You must take your symptoms very serious. Maybe your condition is very serious. You should visit cardiologist soon as possible. You should know that the warning signs and symptoms of a heart attack can include: chest discomfort, discomfort in other areas of the upper body, shortness of breath. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts for more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back. The discomfort can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain. Heart attack pain can sometimes feel like indigestion or heartburn. Signs and symptoms vary from person to person. In fact, if you have a second heart attack, your symptoms may not be the same as for the first heart attack. Some people have no symptoms. This is called a "silent" heart attack. The symptoms of angina can be similar to those of a heart attack. If you have angina and notice a change or a worsening of your symptoms, talk with your doctor right away. A heart attack is a life-threatening event.