Hello everyone. I have started a new topic just about minute ago, but I didn’t introduce myself :) My name is Joanna and I am 25 years old. I have one big issue and I am scared to talk about this. I am worried that someone will tell me that I am scared for no reason.

But three years ago my dad died due to heart attack. His dad, my grandfather died from a heart attack as well. I am very worried that this can happen to me.

Maybe I am worrying for no reason, but I am scared of silent heart attack.

Do you know what the symptoms of it are and how to recognize them?

Thank you.

Hello there Aurora. I understand your concern. It is normal. Sorry for asking, but in what age they died? I am really sorry because you had this tragedy in your life. Symptoms of a silent hearth attack can include some discomfort in your chest. I don’t know how to describe you. You also can feel discomfort in your arms or jaw, sometimes shortness of breath and tiredness. Definitely chest pain is the first indicator, but the second one is shortness of breath. I really hope that you don’ have any issues with it, but if you feel any of these things periodically, visit the doctor.

Hey.

No one in my family died because of heath attack and I am worried. So I do understand your concern. I hope that you are going to be much better when you understand some symptoms of silent hearth attack.

Generally, there are several symptoms that you should know. Now we know that chest and arm discomfort are one of those symptoms and shortness of breath as well.

But symptoms also are:

• Pulsing in your head (caused by high blood pressure),
  • Soreness in back and chest,
  • Heartburn,
  • Throat or neck discomfort,
  • Upset stomach.

My friend was walking when he had heart attack and he didn’t feel it at all.

Hey there three of you.

I understand your worry Aurora. In times like this we all need to be worried about this issue. A lot of young people are dying because of heart attack. I also do know some people who had silent heart attack while they were eating, driving etc. Whenever I am talking to those people they keep telling me that they had just one “weird moment” such as hand shaking or sharp chest pain, but very soon they were just fine. Some other symptoms can be similar to high pain thresholds or a very high tolerance of pain. But you should never ignore them.

Greetings my friends.

We all should be aware of those symptoms because silent heart attack can happen to everyone. It can happen while we are walking or doing any ordinary stuff.

Usual symptoms are chest discomfort, chest pain, very cold sweat and extreme weakens but around 30 percent of people don’t have those usual, typical symptoms. Some of them doesn’t’ have symptoms at all.

There are some non – classic symptoms. They usually include unexplained fatigue, throat discomfort, jaw discomfort, shortness of breath. Others can have heartburn.

The most important thing is to not ignore those signs. Whenever you notice that you have some of those symptoms that is a sign that something is wrong. It is not a bad thing to consult your doctor whenever you are scared.

Hi there. I had this silent hearth attack seven years ago. But first, let me introduce myself. My name is Clara, I am housewife, I am 41 years old and I live in Chicago. I am unemployed so I spend most of my time at home with my kids. I can’t say that I am tired because of work. My all obligation is to be there with my kids. One day I felt very gentle pain in my chest. I was thinking that I am just tired because I didn’t sleep for a few days. I took magnesium just to be sure that I am going to be ok. After that I started to feel cold and I was shaking. My husband came home and he saw me. He took me to the ER and while I was waiting I started to throw up. It was silent heart attack. Sometimes it is not that easy to recognize it.