It has been my lifetime goal to have male identical twins. I know that it is purely chance of having identical twins, but is there anything that can be done, no matter how strange or expensive, even if its only a theory, that can be done to increase my chance? Even if I need a doctor to do it?

IVF will increase your chances of twins but not identical ones...Sorry, that would have to just be luck and genetics. Good luck!!

There is a study that yams have a natural chemical that increases what's called "hyper-ovulation". It's a staple for some tribes in Africa and they have the highest twin rate in the world. Increasing milk/dairy products is good too. (only problem is that a way to conceive boys is to limit the dairy... So it's a toss up.) Breastfeeding women are more susceptible to getting pregnant with twins (by an average of 40% more). A woman that is a little over weight or over the average height also. Women that are over the age of 35 too. Only the fraternal gene passes through the family line unfortunately. Like you pointed out, it is a game of luck when it comes to identical, but the twin factor can be raised by these steps in a more natural way. Good luck, and I hope some of this was helpful.