I am 32 years old and I have a nearly 3 year old daughter, which my husband and I conceived naturally after 9 months of NOT trying (ha!). Since a year after her birth, we have tried to have a second baby. This past year we have not tried as hard. My cycles have always been very difficult except for when I was on an anti depressent which I went off of 10 months before conceiving my daughter. When we conceived her I was still a bit irregular, having periods at different times each month. I have been tested and diagnosed with PCOS which explains my periods being all over the month at different times and me not always ovulating. Anyway, I am set to start going on CLOMID next month, once I am put on a menstrual pill that will cause a normal period. I have high hopes of having another baby since the PCOS is not as severe as some. I have a couple of cysts and basically the main symptom is not having a regular period each month from August 07 on. My periods have been coming the same week each month for the past year, if they do come normal. I wondered with all that in mind....with having had a very healthy first pregnancy, are my chances pretty good to have a healthy second pregnancy? Also....twins run in my family...my father is a fraternal twin..i know Clomid can cause twins....will the hereditary twin factor double my chances?

My friend has PCOS and she just got pregnant again, her first baby died after complications due to her being Diabetic. They didnt take the baby soon enough and there were complications during delivery. I dont think her PCOS effected the pregnancy at all. My sister also has PCOS and she has two healthy beautiful little girls. As far as the Clomid....I dont know that much about it but I dont think that would "double" your chances for twins. You have to be very critical of research studies they arent always reliable or generalizable to the population. I personally havent read any research data done on Clomid though.I think your chances of a second healthy pregnancy are excellent :-)
I hope I dont have PCOS...I know it messes with your cycle. Me and my future hubby were planning on actively trying to get pregnant next February. I am on a healthier diet, a prenatal and I cut out caffiene and fake sweetners from my diet (due to excessive use of them) I started bleeding on the 29th of Feb. light spotting for a couple of days and nothing else. We were hoping I was already preg. but an HCG was negative. I started spotting again on the 17th and not it is practically non existent. I dont know what to think. I had some mild cramping but nothing serious. My periods have never been like that before. pretty much regular as clock work.