I am 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I already have a set of twins that are 4 years old. The only reason why I waited this long to try to get an abortion was because my doctor told me at my 5 week ultrasound that I would probably miscarry, so when I went it just the other day she said she was mistaken. So my waiting is not due to doubt.
My twin pregnancy had many complications and I was in the hospital for over a month with preeclampsia and had to have a c-section that was horrible. It was a very depressing and lonely time for me, during and after the pregnancy. I know the strain that it takes on your body and mind etc and I do not want to go through that again. Even after the birth it was very exhausting and very hard. I have decided that I cannot have another set of twins and I want to get an abortion, but my husband thinks that me getting an abortion is an easy way out, but I do not feel that way. I did have abortion years ago and I know that it was a very hard decision so I am not taking this one lightly. I just know in my heart that more babies at this time are a very bad idea. We are going through a rocky time in our marriage due to finances and just different lives. We basically live like roommates. The few times that we did have sex we were very careful because we both did not want any more children. It is at the point where I am in the process of getting my life back on track again and two more babies would be impossible.
The day I found out I was pregnant was the same day I was asking my doctor for the permanent birth control method (IUD). So it was a major shock. I am trying starting a new job in the summer, moving to a new city for that job and hopefully going back to Graduate School. My kids are finally going to school on a full time basis and new infants would put us more in debt than we already are, strain a marriage that already has problems and I would have to put my career and schooling on hold yet again. I am 38 years old so the clock is ticking when it comes to career and starting over. I also know that moving with 4 children is not an easy thing to do. Even now I live 2000 miles away from my family, friends and the job aspect here is horrible and that is the reason why I need to move back to where I had my career.
My husband wants these babies and I just cannot seem to make him understand that I will be the one that will have to give up everything again. He is in the service and gone a lot so he has never given up anything. I have been raising these children alone for basically 4 years so I know the work that it takes. Mentally I just cannot take care of another set of twins. My one daughter has many emotional and behavioral issues so she is very time consuming. So my focus is to give her my attention to help her. Two more children would drastically reduce my attention and I believe it would very much affect her progress. I honestly never thought I would be in this position again in my life at this stage of my life. I thought I was done having to make choices like this one. I know that at 38 my chances of having other children are slim to none and that is ok. I never wanted any more after my daughters were born so I never felt that there was something missing. I like the way things are now and I just do not want to make it worse. At my age I should have all the answers, but part of me feels like I have none at all. I am not asking whether I should make this choice but I am just wondering if my choice is coming from a wrong place?

Any advice or really anything would be helpful. Please no judgement. Thank you.

hi...from wer r u?when you had an abortion did you bleed a lot?im just worried for i did abortion too..huhuuh...its my first time..and im scared

To be honest..no. After the procedure I did bleed, but it was not heavy like I expected. I did not have no cramping either. It was mostly draining for me because I had to drive a long distance to get to a clean clinic. The bleeding was just like a normal period and it stopped after a few days. It has been a long time but I do not remember having any heavy bleeding afterwards. I did have a blood clot the size of a lemon about a month after, that felt like a strong cramp, but I was told that it was normal. Every woman is different and as long as you are not bleeding so much where it is more than a few pads every 10 minutes or so and cramps that need hospilization, you will be fine. Your body goes through a lot and it will not be back to normal the next day.

The only thing that changed was my period. It did become heavier and longer after for a while then it slowly became like it was before. This is normal. Pregnancy does mess with your period in some women. Some see their periods get lighter and some see their periods get heavier.

Hope this helps.

:-D thank you...im not worried anymore..i kept it secret because here in our country,abortion is not allowed...even my mother and sisters i did not informed them..thanx for your reply...it really helped me..godbless..im bleeding now but not heavy...im scared for the next month..

Please dont have an abortion.If your too freaked out,then give them up for adoption.Your lucky that God blessed you with any orther set of twins.

Please don't kill the babies.

I am a woman that has suffered through years of infertility.  You have been blessed to be given two children.  God has cursed me.

Please let them live.  If you aren't in the position to support them, then let them be adopted.  There are women like me out there that would be eternally grateful to have a child.

They are already alive.  You couldn't kill the living daughters that you already have.  Why are these babies any different?