Do you ever go to art festivals and look at really cool stuff that cost several hundred to thousands of dollars and wish you could buy it?

Well dammit.....I can't afford it, so why do I keep going back?....just to torture myself?

Oh well, the free music is great....last night I got to see Buddy Guy...

I'ts like going to the National Gallery of Art in DC and looking at the untold Millions $$ in art. You can't take it home but the beauty lasts forever in your mind. Just like the poem : A Thing of Beauty is a Joy for Ever A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing A flowery band to bind us to the earth, Spite of despondence, of the inhuman dearth Of noble natures, of the gloomy days, Of all the unhealthy and o'er-darken'd ways Made for our searching: yes, in spite of all, Some shape of beauty moves away the pall From our dark spirits... -- John Keats

why do I keep going back?...
Food? Isn't there always some kind of good food at festivals?

Hee hee, yes, it's the food! I always go grab a BBQ chicken skewer at festivals!

I usually go and just look at things, admiring the beauty of some and making fun of the ugliness of others. Even if I don't buy anything, seeing and experiencing the art is kind of like "having" it for a while, and that's enough for me. Besides, if I had bought it, I'd probably get bored with it a few weeks later!

~Astara~

FUNNEL CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been to one, nor could I tell you where there would be an art exhibit if I were so inclined.

<~ Uncultured boob.