Im 18 years old and ive been smoking really strong skunk for about 9 months, of which around 5 months of it i was getting through 5g a day maybe more but cut down since then however i was still smoking a lot. in october i had a ketamine overdose which trigger me to have panic attacks sometimes when i smoked. me having a constant pain in my chest when ever i smoked cause extreme paranoia to set in. it started with me worrying about my heart but slowly it made me paranoid about other things. not so much about being followed or anything like that it was mostly effected in my social life. i felt like i couldn't talk to any of my friends i would panic about what i was going to say to them and i would stress my self out in my head so much that i couldn't listen to them cos i was constantly listen to my thoughts and i felt that i had this vacant look on my face all the time. once i worked out it was paranoia i stopped smoking which was around a month ago and i have got much better i feel more connected but thats only with my close friends. i have recently started university and i am finding it hard to get close to people i have met there i feel like im not my self around them and that my spark has gone and i still have this underlying thought which stops me inputing in conversation and has made me into a shy quiet person which i have never been before, and the more i stress out the worse it gets! i need to know whether this is ever going to go away or will it be there forever?!?!

Marijuana is definitely one of the major reasons for the shyness and social isolation symptoms you are experiencing. I wouldn’t say that are actually paranoia – the uncontrollable thoughts that someone is out here to get you. Basically, you anxiety levels are way up and your symptoms become more obvious in social situations, like starting university is. I don’t really think this should be anything permanent, but only if you do take the right action and find someone professional whom you can talk to. Just calm yourself as much as you can and decide to change things for the better.

Dude the best way is to just chill and realize not everyone is out to get you i used to have panics all the time constantly thinking someone would break in and kill me (pump filled with slugs cured that :-D) but i remember the first time i smoked weed i was walking home and i swear every car in my periphials (sorry for spelling) looked like a cop car and i was totally freaking out but after a couple more times of smoking i finally chilled out its good to be around other people to that helps a lot just remember relax your gonna be fine