Saw this over at the Runner's World site and thought I'd see what you guys had to say. Do you have any mantra that you repeat to yourself when running, especially a marathon, or long or tough run? One that I have used is: "Move your arms, your legs will follow and your mind will get you there." Then around 20 miles, it's the ever popular James Brown: I feel good! da-da da-da da-da-da Like I knew that I would! What about you?

"keep movin ya sissy!!!!" That may be mine! tee hee hee...

Nothing in particular. But I do that. If something pops into my head that makes me feel better, whether it be a song or a mantra, I keep repeating it as long as it is working. Most often for me, it is music. It just keeps me going.

When I am running I usually am trying to keep step with whatever is playing on the MP3 player.

Riding, just trying to watch the potholes, traffic, rabbits, etc.

What ever song happens to come into my head. Mostly just the chorus though. I have a hard time on the verses when I'm running.

I don't really know what pops into my head while I run. I tend to dift off and just run. I know once in a while I will have an old comerical saying pop into my head. Whack, whack, waddle, waddle I don't remember what it is for but every now and again the beat of my feet seem to sing that to me. Strange...

Often I slip into "left foot, left foot, left foot, right, feet in the morning, feet at night". Other times just phrases that pop into my head about how to make my body feel better.