Based on the job you do at work do you fit the typical profile based on the job.

We have a temp here helping us write some programs and this guy:

Tall
Skinny (rail thin)
Types real real fast
Has his own cooler of Coke (the real thing) nearby.
Acne
Talks in that weird server/prgrammer language ( so do I).

Yet I'm:

Not tall
Not Rail thin
Drinks only water
no Acne
My typing is ................not fast......not "real" slow. :)

However my boss fit the profile to a tee.

S99

When I find out just what it is that I do, I'll let you know.

My official title is Facility Engineer. Basically I manage construction, repair and rebuild projects in addition to handling utility monitoring and billing. I doubt seriously I fit the mold for how someone would expect me to be appearance wise.

I fit the profile, save and except my crewcut. But everyone by now knows why I started cutting my hair so short, so I am granted a "variance."

I'm savvy, clean cut and voraciously witty...I belong in the landfill industry. :|

not at all - i have what people in my biz commonly refer to as a personality

I can confirm that pro does in fact have a personality.

What's the "profile" for a high school teacher? I suppose I fit that of a computer person (minus the drinking/smoking/swearing part).

No. My nose will never be brown enough, if at all.

Let's see

I am pretty thin
I curse worse than a sailor
I yell a lot
I am usually 'disgruntled'
I don't eat fast food (very often)

I am a kinda brokerage industry hybrid... :shrug:

Wait ... it's no longer enough to be technically, intellectually, and "aptitudinally" right for a job, but now you have to LOOK the part, too? If that's the case, good thing I'm not a model or in some other profession based on looks.

I think you'd make a gazillion dollars as a comedian. But you'd need a sidekick...
I'm a scientist. I don't fit the profile 'cause I don't have a pocket protector, I don't wear glasses, I'm not anti-social and there's a rumor going around that I look like Princess Di and have a nice a$$. :P

I think you'd make a gazillion dollars as a comedian. But you'd need a sidekick...I don't think he intended the last word to be there.

No. I am a girl in a mostly guy job.

I don't think he intended the last word to be there.
tee-hee