I like trail running very much. Its an adventurous and exciting sport that can never be boring since you pass through various sceneries and you can enjoy the beauty of nature. The only problem is that it gets pretty messy in the rain. There is mud all around and it is splashing all around. What do you do during the rain? Do you run in spite of it or rather stay home?

I think that is up to you. If you like being out in the rain, do it.

I've never noticed any of my body parts melting when I get wet and I love walking in the rain on a warm summer day. I work outside and sometimes it rains and sometimes it snows. I wear appropriate clothing to keep me warm and dry if necessary, If it's a warm day I just enjoy being wet.

Well, its an adventurous and exciting sport as you have said it yourself. Its meant to be a bit messy and muddy. You cant expect nature to be perfectly clean and sterile. I gladly go to run in the rain. It gives me a fresh feeling and I think its great. I wear trail running shoes made of waterproof fabrics and thus avoid wet feet. These shoes are easily cleaned and there are no mud stains. My training suit is also made of special fiber which is water resistant. In my opinion its even better to run in the rain then during those sizzling hot days when I dont know how to cool off and prevent my body from dehydrating.

Back in high school, we would run everyday, rain or shine. Those days in the rain were pretty fun, very messy, but it gave back fond memories of childhood.

Trail Running Blog

It feels great to get all messy, don't you think? I love it - i love jogging in rain.
The dark side is slippery :? have to be careful about the injuries...

I absolutely love running in the rain and find it so liberating! Might pay to use a decent pair of waterproof running shoes if you don't like soggy sock tho lol