My daughter is 14 and I made the mistake of trying to be friend so she would she would talk to me about everything and now that has backfired. She gets mad at me every time I ask or tell her to do something. I am about to go ballistic.

Can I have a whoop whoop!!!? ;-) XD Now you know why some animals eat their young!!! LOL ;-) XD I have 2 boys 16 and 13 have always been open with them about my past and wanted them to learn from my mistakes etc. THEN they turn on you!!!!! o.O I've always felt lucky having boys because they aren't half as hormonal than girls! Even though this has NOT stopped their lip!!! Remember when we used to get slapped across the head, or mouth!!? Why did this wonderful method have to stop!!? XD You are DEFINITELY NOT ALONE, I would hazzard a guess that someone who hasn't gone ballistic on their kids is heavily sedated!!! You see right now there's a calm in my house so I can make fun, but if I had responded 2 months ago, I would be telling you to call Social Services and have her taken away!!!!! All of this will pass! It goes up and down, I think is cosmic payback fro what we put our parents through. Even though from our point of view and your daughters and my sons, the parents are at fault right? There is no right way or wrong way to parent, all we can do is survive with as few grey hairs as possible!!! XD Hang in there, you might have a princess back tommorrow! THEN AGAIN............ :-S 8-| XD When it gets too much walk away! and take a breather or valium!!!! ;-) Good luck!!! And just remember some bodys wise words "This too shall pass!"

Remember respect is earned not expected. Sometimes parents who have been a friend to their child suddenly see things not working out and going the way they expected and they come in with an iron fist and putting demands on their teenager. They feel, as a parent, their authority is being usurped. Now, ask yourself if the life you lead is worthy of respect? This may not be the case in your situation, but it is always good to check yourself - otherwise your child will check it for you. Your son or daughter should respect you because of the life you lead, a life of integrity and character. Most people put demands on their children but expose their kids to the life of ill-character that they lead as parents. It is as simple as keeping your word/promises, calling in sick to work when you are not sick, or being late. These are all good examples and it is the small stuff we start with that leads to the big. Your kids see this and it sticks with them more than you think.

That sounds like a problem! I think that you can definitely get through this problem though although it will take you some time and some growing pains. First of all, know that she'd be getting mad at you every time you asked her to do something no matter what! She's a teenager. Second, maybe you could see a counselor or therapist about this. When I was a teen, I did the same thing! It helped me with my relationship with my mom. It's a hard time to be alive so I think it might help you both out. What do you guys think?