Hi, I am a twenty five years old woman. I am pregnant. When I first found out, I was thrilled. My husband shared the same feelings. Now, as the months go by, I am a bit scared. Everyone keeps talking about responsibilities the baby will bring. We bought some magazines about babies. I read them all the time, but I just can't calm down. I constantly worry that I will not be a good parent. Can you give any advice on being a parent?

Hi, I think it's great that you are to become a parent. Some of the things you heard are probably right. Being a parent means more responsibilities. You will now have to take care of a member of your family which will take a lot of your time. You will not have regular "working hours". It won’t matter if it's day or night. You will need to be by your baby all the time. However there is something more that you should know about this "job". Being a parent is the most important role in our lives. This is something that no one is trained for, but can learn along the way. Parenting is also one of the most pleasant things that can happen. There for don't be scared, look forward to the "job" you will be hired to do.