Hi. I am only 16 years old. I am also 4 weeks pregnant. I feel very depressed and lost. My boyfriend left me. I am not even sure that he is the father. What to do? I am considering abortion.

Hi. I am 17 and last year I had an abortion. It was awful and now I think my decision was wrong. But, you are now all alone in this and the choice is yours. If you decide to have an abortion you must know abortion time is limited (8 weeks I think). You are very young to be a Mom, but many girls have kids. Most of them are single too. Nobody in my family knows anything. It`s not so bad to have a baby. Why not? What is the right age for that? You can have kids in your 20s, 30s… Why not now?

I was 16 yrs old when I found out I was pregnant with my 1st daughter. I won't lie, it is a long hard road to being a parent, especially a single teen parent. He father split when we found out, and now she's 14 years old. Sometimes over the years I've wonder if her life wouldn't have been better if she'd had a family that adopted her (I almost did give her up for adoption).

But I look at her now and I am amazed how wonderful it has been being a parent. I have heard a lot of women say they regret abortion, for me it wasn't an option that I would even consider even when I was 16. Whatever your decision, remember that your choosing the lives of not just yourself but the baby as well. It can be the time of your life, especially if you have support from your family or friends, and in 10 years people won't even care that you were a teen mother as long as you finished school and you've taken care of that child.

But I finished high school on time with the help of my family, and I hold a great job now that keeps me off the welfare system forever. I have another child who is 9 and one more on the way, and a wonderful man that loves all 3 of us even if my daughters aren't his (my 2nd child is from a failed marriage and this baby is his.) I might be what some call a "rare" success story, but I know many teen mothers who have done great. I've also known some that had abortions or adoptions and the only ones that I've heard voice real regrets are the ones that have had abortions.

If you need anything please feel free to message me, my private e-mail is *****

**this post is edited by moderator ** private e-mails not allowed **

you have to do what is best for you and the child.

do you have an income? any money to feed or clothe the child?
will you be able to look after a child and finish education?
what job will you get? can you emotionally support the child?
are you healthy enough to give birth? no blood or heart conditions?

now is the time to have a long hard look at your life. and whats best for you.

an abortion can be performed up to 22 weeks into pregnancy, some clinics will have it 24 weeks in.

Not 8, mcspadden is probably reffering to the chemical abortion. which can be done up to 8 weeks, thats just a simple case of taking a dosage of pill that causes a miscarriage, if you leave it longer then you will have to have a surgical abortion.

if you do decide this, the first step is to make a doctors appointment.

whatever desicion you make: good luck.

YOU should do what you want to do... ABORTION will not affect your future fertility, and you will still have time to have a family later if you choose.

Do what is right for you.

Everyone is giving her the Abortion information... How about the Adoption information? How about the information on being a teen mother? How many people are ready to have children when they do?

When exactly is "financially", "mentally", "emotionally" stable classified? When you have your own home, car?

For adoption options look at adoption.com

For teen mother information teenmoms.ourfamily.com seems to be a pretty alright place.

The point is there are always resources and there are always places for information for those of us like yourself (former and currently) in your position.

Again, if you need to talk to someone feel free to message me.

Oh and Abortion Goddess, Cairfairy?, tell that to the many women whom have had abortions when they were young and cannot have children now... I'd like to see you tell them they are wrong when they have medical proof.

MY mother was ready to have me..

You can be ready to have children.

I can give you 20+ studies from HARVARD, emory university, and every major medical school that shows that infertility problems do not come from UNCOMPLICATED ABORTION.

ILLEGAL unsterile abortion causes infertility due to scarring.

Sterile or not, I am not going to argue the fact. I've known women whom have had surgical abortions who not only regret it, but now, 15 years later have no choice but to adopt because of scarring caused by an abortion.

To be honest, again, all I suggested is to stop posing abortion as some rose colored wonderful thing. It isn't for every woman, there -are- other options, and you have been allowing your personal line of work to interfere with your advice. She needs all the information she can get on ALL of her options, not just the one that makes abortion clinics money.

I frankly feel that you, Carifairy, are a great example as to why abortion shouldn't be legal. After all 3 abortions are not mistakes, that is using it as a form of birth control. Then again I suppose the fact that you have been able to have 3 abortions should be enough to show this young lady that, no it doesn't ALWAYS interfere with fertility... however, there are those women out there who will say otherwise from first hand experience.

And "uncomplicated"... so, anything over 8 weeks that doesn't mimic a natural abortion, gotcha.

Thank you for saying this. There are so many women out there trying to have children, or cannot have one. Then here this Carifary person comes on here promoting abortion as if she gets commission off of it. Its horrible. Its so immoral. I think these girls who do not want a baby, need to practice safe sex, or do not have sex at all. If they are going to be irresponsible about it, then why punish the child. Give the child a chance to be with parents who really would appreciate it, but cannot have children of their own. I have no clue why they made this girl a freakin moderator, she SUCKS!!!! as a human being. Do not throw your studies and degrees in peoples faces. I have a degree, so what. My mother did not have a degree and she raised 6 of us. It can be done, so get over yourself.

Uncomplicated abortion refers to an abortion that is done without an infection, which is the #1 reason for infertility after aboriton.

I support adoption, I support ANYTHING the woman wants.

She said she is considering abortion, why should I not give her info on abortion. There is so much info about parenting and adoption, that if someone needs info about abortion, then I will give it them.

Adoption, abortion, and parenting are all PERSONAL choice with their own risks and emotional issues, I bleieve in letting a woman decide.

on this website we do not pass judgement, we offer support and advice.

it might not occur to some that it might be somewhat traumatic for a 16 year old girl to carry a baby full term.

So in my advice that basically sux your pregnant. I mean seriously. You should of used a condomn.
hmm
that would be the smart thing.

Hi. i'm just here to tell you that it is your life your decision. just make the right decision for you. I personally think that no matter what age you are raising a child will change anyone's life. because it's not just about you anymore. And it's not easy raising a child no matter what the age. I currently work in an ob/gyn office. Abortions don't mean that you can't have children in the future, but depending on how many times you have abortions however can make it difficult to carry a baby full term resulting in miscarriage.

I WAS 14 YEARS OLD WHEN I GOT PREGNANT, MY BOYFRIEND WAS THE FATHER OF THE CHILD, I WAS ONLY 4 MONTHS WITH HIM WHEN I GOT PREGNANT. MY FAMILY DIDN'T LIKE HIM AT ALL SO I HAVE A VERY BIG PROBLEM FACING ALL THESE THINGS!!! HE WAS JEALOUS ALL THE TIME AND SOMETIMES HE EVEN BEAT ME FOR NO REASON AT YELL AT ME TOO!!! AFTER 5 MONTHS PREGNANT I HAD A MISCARREGIGE. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THE ABORTION BUT I DIDN;T DO IT BECAUSE AFTER ALL THE CHILD I WAS CARRYING WAS PART OF ME TOO AND SHE\HE HAS NO FAULT. FROM THAT DAY ON I MOVED ON, DUMB MY BOYFRIEND, COMPLETE SCHOOL ETC. NOW I'M 18 YEARS OLD. I HAD ANOTHER BOYFRIEND, I'VE BEEN WITH HIM FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS AND I'M SO HAPPY WITH HIM!!! I'M VERY PROUD THAT WHEN I WAS PREGNANT I DIDN'T DO ABOTION!!!!

hi poeple, i found out 4 days ago that i'm pregnant i've done everything mature i've seen about 3 doctors ranging from midwifes to counselers to sort this out but they haven't help me that much so i'm leaving it up to you guys to help me out with some points.

i'm 5 weeks pregnant have a bicornuate uterus which means that insed of my uterus begin in shape of a light blow like everyone else i have one shape as a love heart it doesn't mean i can't have babies that it can lead to early pregancy, and some poeple have had miss.
i also found out today that it could be dead as in not growing anymore i find out christmas day, but yet as mucha s this uterus thing doesn't effect anything bad i'm still so upset about it because it could only happen to me with the amount of sh*t that i've had thrown at me during my 16 years of life i have to have this.

anyway i've been agaist abortions forever, i think it's wrong to kill a babie that hasn't yet had a life to live, when something has a heart beat it is worth living maybe it will grow up to be something really great, but then it could grow up to be something that no-one will like. i really don't think that i could handel killing a baby and it is my baby metal, i'm breaking down everyday before this and now this, it hard to think that i could do it and i don't want to regret it which i have read mostly everyone has.

i have the support and everything my boyfriend wants it, i would have money and a roof to stay under, but i really like my sleep and body and going out and this will kill all of this i know it's slefish but thats really the only reason i don't want it but i don't want to have it or kill it.

i really don't have much reason to keep it besides that i do't want to kill it, and that it could be something more than i ever could be and i would rase it really good and so would the farther.

i just don't know what to do and i know my reason are shelfish but i'm 16 and my mind changes so much. i can hardely make up my mind about my saftey lately let alone someone else, and this decision will be the biggest of my life because it's involing someones life, apart of me but what can i do when i keep changing i know i have time but i don't know.

it makes me so upset to think that it is dead already maybe i should have it but i don't have main points in keeping it. i know i would be a great mother but what are some really main points you really need to have to become a mother? well please people over the world help me give me some stories and pros and cons, i don't want to regret my decision later and i don't know if i'm stronge enough for killing it but my reason arn't get to even be alound to have this baby in my stomuch so please help?