Hi, yesterday when I was searching for some things in my garage, I fell from the ladders. My wrist has swollen and painful, I don’t feel well. I went to emergency, they suspected scaphoid fracture and sent me to X-rays. After x-ray filming, doctors couldn’t really say if it was a fracture and want me to take more filming on CT scan tomorrow. What is scaphoid fracture?

The scaphoid is one of the small bones in the wrist (carpal bones), and the one that brakes most frequently. If you fall on an outstretched hand, with your weight landing on the palm you may break scaphoid bone. Pain and swelling are the first symptoms, if the wrist is not deformed, you might not notice that you have a broken bone—believing that you have just sprained the wrist.
Scaphoid fractures in this location usually heal in a matter of weeks with proper cast used to protect bone and define it’s shape, as it has been before the fracture. The X-rays or other imaging studies such as a CT scan are used to confirm that the bone has healed.

I hurt my wrist at work and didn't realize it was broken. When I went to the doctor they put me through a bunch of physical therapy, thinking it was tendonitis. Later, after they discovered it was broken, I had a cast on. When the cast came off they said I hadavascular necrosis. What is going on?