where do you draw the line on not running outside in winter?

How cold is too cold?
Is is just the temps?
The temps & wind?
The temps & wind & snow?

How cold is too cold?

Is is just the temps?

I'll run in temps in the single numbers.

The temps & wind?

With no snow but cold temps and wind as long as the wind chill in "NOT" below zero, I'll still run.

The temps & wind & snow?

With snow but cold temps and wind as long as the wind chill in "NOT" below zero, I'll still run.

How about the rest of you?

M

I just bought a semester long gym membership, so that pretty much answers your question.

How cold is too cold? Anything below 10 with wind.
Is is just the temps? No.
The temps & wind? Yes! It's awful, running against the wind.
The temps & wind & snow? Triple yuck.

I"m a wimp when it comes to cold weather running, driving, walking...

below 10 (F) and winds over 15-
too much wind just is not worth it. If it is below ten and not windy it is okay. That wind is just brutal.

Since I have a TM it is easy to change my mind and stay in. I still run and dont have to prove how dedicated I am.

I have run in 0 before but that was back when I was training for a marathon and I refuse to do a long run on the treadmill. Now I try not to run outside if it's below 10 unless I really need to get in a long run.

No weather has stopped me, I have run in all conditions. That is going to change now though.

so far no temperature has, but today is supposed to be neg 35 or so with windchill. I'm just not that brave. I still don't have any type of face mask to ward off frostbite.

I picked up 3 different balaclavas from sierratradingpost for less than $20 shipped.

I bought one from them as well. The fleece is great! I don't run outside in this stuff, but I wear it for shoveling/snowblowing. Very soft and warm.

I wear the Seirus Thermax Headliner for any temperatures below 32. When it is below 10, though, I need to put a sock hat on over it. What a sight. Here's a link: http://www.berkshirestore.com/essentialapparel/2205.html

Well, since it rarely gets cold here, it's hard to say, but I just did 6 miles in 22°F / 7°F with wind chill. I think I could still go another 10 degrees lower without any problems.

I have run in minus 20o with a wind chill in the minus 40o's, many times.
But not anymore! I have become a cold weather wimp and hate it when it gets down below 50o! And, Lord have mercy, it was 28o when I got up the other morning! 8O Had to wear tights for the first time in 4 years!
If I moved back up north, I would probably revert to my old cold weather ways. :|

I run for a collegiate team and most of us will run at any temperature (many of our runs are at -30 with windchill). The key is windproof underwear (if you're a male runner) for obvious reasons.

There was a day that gusts hit -60 and all of us either hit the treadmills or the pool for some aqua jogging. Those swimmer's have it pretty good...

I have been running in Alaska for the past 8 years so my standards are very low.

How cold is too cold? -10 air temp. (did run at -11 once)
Is is just the temps? Wind is worsethan the temps.---ran a 14 mile out and back in above zero weather only to have the wind in my face coming back. Had a bit of frostbite and had a bit of hypothermia.
The temps & wind? Wind is worse for me--if dress your body heats up, the wind takes your heat and it simply is unpleasant.
The temps & wind & snow? Snow is tough, specially if on roads, no room for the cars. I will throw on skis even if I am poor at it.

I do have a treadmill, so on the worse days I run inside. I am tired of the the ole mill, I haven't seen anything above ten below since Christmas.

I have just started running in the mornings and it is pretty cold (the sun isn't even out yet!) But I'm sure it's not as cold as the weather in the midwest or eastern states.

So I take it that you wear a jacket when you run during a cold weather? Is it okay to wear a ski jacket during those times?