This is the first time I have gone outside of a doctors office for advice. About 7 years ago I was having what I thought were migraines and the severity lasted a year or so. I would wake up with the most debilitating throbbing pain in my life. Mainly the back of my head. All I wanted to do was rip my head off. It would last 8-10 hours and my day was gone. Ive been to doctors, ER's and ENT's. I finally found a way to lighten the pain. I would take a scalding hot bath with all but the tip of my nose submerged. I took great risks doing this because I could have drowned after falling asleep. This was the only way I could deal with it. Years have gone by and I dont have it as bad but I still cant find out what is going on with me. Lately I loose hearing in my left ear at times, the back of my head pounds again. I cant lay my head on the right or it will start hurting in about 2-5 min. If I catch it in time I can roll over to my left and make it go away in about 20-30 min. Is this normal to anyone else? I recently had my sinuses checked and there is no sinus issues however I drain like there is no tomorrow. If I cough I get that pounding pain in the back of my head. Sometimes the back of my eyes hurt. I have very bad dry eye so I have to keep them lubricated on top of everything else in order to try not to hurt Sad Does anyone have any IDEAS? I dont know what to do? Thankyou I accidentally had this post at the wrong place and this is where it belonged.

Hello there! I read somewhere that the brain in itself is not sensitive to pain, because it lacks nociceptors. Several areas of the head can hurt, including a network of nerves which extend over the scalp and certain nerves in the face, mouth, and throat. The meninges and the blood vessels do have pain perception. Headaches often result from traction to or irritation of the meninges and blood vessels. The membrane surrounding the brain and spinal cord, called the dura mater, is innervated with nociceptors. Stimulation of these dural nociceptors is thought to be involved in producing headaches. Similarly the muscles of the head may be sensitive to pain. I know you've already been to doctors so many times but I think you shouldn't stop doing that until you find out what it is. Hopefully these informations will help you. Take care.