Why does my head hurts, actually I would like to know what is actually hurting when we get a headache? I have constant light headache and I don’t know what causes it. I checked with my physician and she said that is nothing wrong with me. Maybe is something wrong with my brain. I remember guy from the school, he had mild headaches and they said that is nothing wrong with him and eventually turned out that he had meningitis!!!

Well, I can’t tell you why does it hurts but I know that what is hurting you aren’t brain, because the brain lacks pain-sensitive nerve fibers. Several areas of the head can hurt, including a network of nerves that extends over the scalp and certain nerves in the face, mouth, and throat. It is often difficult to know what causes headaches, the muscles of the head may similarly be sensitive to pain, or it can be pain in the muscles and nerves in the neck that is felt as though it is head pain.

There is a lot of simple information on the causes of different types of headaches and what is actually hurting at Hope this helps.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

It is most likely stress. The problem is that the pain caused by stress headaches causes more stress and therefore more headaches. Try to relax for a while. It's also possible you suffer from migranes. In which case, you are best to go to a dark room and avoid all kinds of difficult activity. Basically, you are OK. I agree with the doctor that you are probably all right, especially if you had a scan. It is funny how many people think they are having some kind of fatal event due to headaches. I can say with 100% confidence that nothing will do your health worse than worrying about it. A registered doctor just told you that you are OK. He is right.

Dehydration may also cause headaches

Sometimes, I've heard, that eye strain can cause headaches.

i thank it happen wen a person barin seek paine and it cacus a person hed to heart

what are you trying to say?

hey my head hurts i think the nits are boaring into my skull or somthing also my eyes keep turning purpil am i posesed, i watched the exsorsist and i think i might have that...?

hi i think i have that to, does your head spin round 360? mine does...

thanks for the heads up

way to dig deep

great spelling dude

He so right