Whenever I throw up or gag, it feels as if every single muscle in my upper body is being pulled. The back of my neck, down my back, in my chest, and in my arms (particularly my right arm) hurt so bad I almost start to cry.
Just today it feels as if I have a tiny stomach virus and the only way to get rid of it, is to throw up what's inside. The pain from my retching is so bad I would rather keep the stomach pain in exchange.

I have always just thought that I use so much force while doing this, it actually does pull the muscles. I have ask a couple of health professionals and they say they have never heard of anything like it.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same or if someone can help me not get this pain.

Thanks, Shell

I am 3 months pregnant, and feeling the exact same thing you are. I am fine until I have to throw up, then all of a sudden the muscles in my upper chest, through both shoulders, and down both arms seem to spasm and lock up attached to so much pain that it does actually make me cry every time. I went into the emergency room yesterday because I was even getting the pain when I coughed or sneezed. They did some tests, and told me I had really bad acid reflux from throwing up and that was what was making my neck and chest hurt. I was put on Prilosec and amoxicillan, and sent home. This morning when I got to work, I had the same thing happen. Sitting here right now, it feels like I have a really bad stiff neck, and right up under my chin it feels swollen. Going to give the prilosec a few more days, then going to go back to the doctor.

did anyone ever get an answer i have same problem!

Hi Guys!

I've recently come back from a holiday in Portugal and whilst there a threw up and I had exactly the same worry and was over-reacting way too much. It kind of ruined my holiday because I have health anxiety and I was constantly thinking "why the hell does me chest and arms hurt after throwing up?" But thanks for the comments because you've reassured me :)

Googled this because this just happened to me it hurts!! Goes away after alittle but feels like you've been hit by a Mac truck for a few mins

Yes, my chest and lower back ache. I feel like I have been kicked or punched and have internal bruising. The first night I could not sleep lying down completely because my lower back was in excruciating pain. The next night (and day) only my chest hurts and I have uncontrollable painful twitches.

I have exactly the same problem. After it feels like the pain is in a vein or nerve in both my arms, going over the biceps, that is so excruciatingly painful. I'm wondering if there is a heart blockage that contributes to it? My normal low BP spikes to very high numbers for a few hours. Like you it hurts so bad I don't want to vomit or cough.

I have had this same problem for years and I still haven't found out why. If someone finds out something let us know.

Last nite I was on toilet with stomach pain& trying to have a bowel movement& suddenly started dry heaves & vomit, don't know WHY my arms & shoulders started having Intense nerve like Pain that I still have today? What is this?

Did anyone reply @ what caused pain & how to treat?TU

I sometimes have food get stuck in my esophagus, which makes it impossible for even water to get thru. But I have to try to force it thru with water.
This causes intense retching & usually forceful vomiting. It happened again today, but for the first time ever, it caused intense nerve-like pain in both shoulders & down both arms. Also caused neck pain. I have a lot of degenerative problems in neck / spinal area. I'm wondering if that's why it happened? If so, maybe other people could have neck issues they're not aware of that could contribute to the issue.

Well, looks like I'm not alone in this.
Had a strep test done yesterday and gagged really bad. All of a sudden sharp pain starting between my shoulders and radiating out to my fingertips. It was so bad I screamed and nearly passed out.
The nurse looked at me like I was being a baby until she looked at the pulse oximeter on my finger. My pulse jumped from 74 to 120 and my O2 dropped from 98% to 77%. I'd love to see what happens on an EEG.
Then today, I gagged when an ibuprofen I had taken got stuck in my throat. Thought I was going to throw up and the same pain hit again. This time I was standing and my legs folded right under me. I laid on the floor, afraid to try moving, because it felt like I had been electrocuted and my muscles wouldn't respond.

Why are there no answers to this!? I read all the posts and my experience is the very same.......my doctor looked at me like I was crazy/ The pain is excruciating and lingers for hours afterwards. WTH!?

I have the same problem. I have no idea why this happening.

I was vomiting last night, and the pain in my arms was excruciating, right down to my wrists. It happened once before when I had a bad cough. The same thing happened, it scared the life out of me. The next day just the muscles are tender, but no way am I in pain like I was last night. I could of cut my arms off they hurt so much. I thought I was the only one that this happened to. Interesting to hear there are quite a few people out there suffering the same thing.